ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if it means anything but every time I mess with it, like changing iac, resetting base idle, etc it runs better while I am attempting to tune it ( I use the term loosely lol) but the problem is present again after the next short drive.
Pickup coil in the distributor. Had that problem on my 88.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Is it preferable to use a spacer with a hole for each side of the TB or that has a oval hole the allows some transfer between the twos side of the TB?

From my carb days an open spacer seemed to be prefered.

Thanks!

Ken

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a 4 barrel tbi on my 88. Best mod i ever done to tbi was throw factory heads in trash and use a tpi head that would flow air past .365 lift. Last one was vortec heads, performer intake and used adapter plate with 2bbl throttle body and the 4bbl didn't need one
That swirl in stock ones is useless and a no matter how big throttle body is the air just wont go.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
It would be nice if someone could perhaps make some a 3D velocity stack that could sit on top as opposed to removing the TBI and grinding away.

...........use a carb one...... typically speaking though. removal of the TB makes for a necessary rebuild and its not at all difficult, mostly fun, albeit ive taken alot of peoples money to have some fun and do it for them. velocity stack is limited to hood clearance. pretty sure engine masters did something with this and they had little to no overall effect.

Slime

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just found this thread. I have another project I'm working on. .030 4.3 TBI, Comp cam,Edelbrock intake, heads worked and modded, etc. I've been working on the TBI unit. Instead of ordering the CFM adjustable FPR I modded mine. Still apart on my kitchen table, but in progress...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: