ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The riser, little collar around the injectors, is only needed to keep the air cleaner up high enough to clear the cable bracket. I ordered a “salad bowl” from jegs to replace the riser improve airflow while keeping the air cleaner raised up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't know if im allowed to post, but ive got a unused hi flow tbi and high pressure fuel pump im looking to sale if anyone is interested...

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
EDIT**

When I delete the air cleaner spacer (the useless ring between the cleaner housing and top of TB), where do I relocate breather hose to?

The standard system has hose 'plumbed' from the top of the rocker cover to the back of TBI unit... Cheers!

Last edited:

Mark Gilbert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may not gain any peak HP. Peak HP isn't really valuable anyway. The reason to pay attention to a Dyno graph instead of just the peak number is that peak HP isn't really beneficial for driving.

Smoothing out the airflow may give you better performance, but on a stock motor the most likely case is that you are just going to make more noise. Personally I wouldn't flip the air cleaner lid because you are now allowing air directly from the radiator which is hotter and less dense than what pulls through the snorkel. So it may create a loss of power...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's A LOT hotter air. Pull the restrictor thingy out of the silencer on the fender and make sure your flap is opening all the way where it sucks air off the manifolds when the motor is cold.