ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meir

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello guys.
Gathering some information for a tbi rebuild and upgrade , and I got most of the parts in hand. The wires going to the injectors looks like crap, and one of the connectors is broken. I got new pigtails, but it looks like the wires are molded into the rubber grommet. I’m sure I can improvise something, but I prefer to use a new grommet. I tried googling “tbi injectors wires grommet” with no success. I will apriciate if one can provide me with the correct name for the part, or even better, a link for a provider.
Thanks in advance.
Meir.

Fukitol

Reaction score
Anybody know what would cause a high sometimes erratic idle with these mods done? It only does it with the iac plugged in, i currently have it unplugged because if not it idled around 1,500rpm. Have tbi spacer, cleaned the air horns down, thinned the throttle shafts, stage 2 motorvation chip, msd 6al ignition, extreme air cleaner, new fuel pump, new engine, rebuilt tbi with new injectors.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody know what would cause a high sometimes erratic idle with these mods done? It only does it with the iac plugged in, i currently have it unplugged because if not it idled around 1,500rpm. Have tbi spacer, cleaned the air horns down, thinned the throttle shafts, stage 2 motorvation chip, msd 6al ignition, extreme air cleaner, new fuel pump, new engine, rebuilt tbi with new injectors.

Did you ever replace the iac? If you don’t follow the instructions perfectly it could cause that issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fukitol

Reaction score
Sorry forgot to mention that but yes I have replaced it twice because I thought the first one was faulty, I tried the adjustments exactly how the paperwork said, then one turn under and one turn over all with no difference.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to mention that but yes I have replaced it twice because I thought the first one was faulty, I tried the adjustments exactly how the paperwork said, then one turn under and one turn over all with no difference.

When I had my 95 Tahoe with the 350 TBI I did those mods and never had an issue, I replaced the IAC but it always idled perfectly

Fukitol

Reaction score
Not sure if it means anything but every time I mess with it, like changing iac, resetting base idle, etc it runs better while I am attempting to tune it ( I use the term loosely lol) but the problem is present again after the next short drive.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if it means anything but every time I mess with it, like changing iac, resetting base idle, etc it runs better while I am attempting to tune it ( I use the term loosely lol) but the problem is present again after the next short drive.

Hm idk can’t really help you there never dealt with that maybe someone else will chime in

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a few questions if anyone can help out...

1. Is it worth doing if I’m keeping the cruise control and not dropping the air cleaner?
2. Am I pretty much just flattening the top or am I making the holes bigger as well?
3. Did you paint it after grinding it to make it not as shiny?

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1.Yes. Cruise control has nothing to do with it.
2.Just flattening the top to remove obstructions for the air getting to throttle bores.
3.No