ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Subject: Re: AIRAID.COM Contact

Dear Sir, thank you for your inquiry in our products. The spacer makes no HP on the Dyno. It makes all of it's power in torque in the low end. If you haven't noticed any power on the Dyno or the track then it's doing what it's supposed to. You would not see any gains down the 1/4 mile or increases on the Dyno. The idea of the spacer is to improve overall drivability and fuel mileage. In most cases when people install a bolt on part they expect better mileage and power, what happens is they are into the throttle a lot more than before trying to test performance and that's when the decrease in mileage happens.
Sincerely,
<Airaid Technician>
-------------------------------------------

Jayce

Reaction score
I've been looking at fuel economy mods and I've come across a TBI spacer that includes fuel line extensions, but I haven't seen a single other spacer that includes them. My question is are they necessary or in any way beneficial to my engine? I'd rather not spend the extra $45 if I could avoid it.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been looking at fuel economy mods and I've come across a TBI spacer that includes fuel line extensions, but I haven't seen a single other spacer that includes them. My question is are they necessary or in any way beneficial to my engine? I'd rather not spend the extra $45 if I could avoid it.

Most of the time they sell the fuel line extensions separately, there’s a bolt on the back of the engine if you loosen it up you should have enough slack to not need the fuel line extensions, I did that hooked them up tightened it back down and it was fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score

I have the Air raid throttle body spacer, and I do not have fuel line extensions, I simply unbolted the lines from the back of the block or cylinder head, hell it has been a while since I did it.

GMTNZ

Reaction score
Great to read all these threads about TBI mods. Have been thinking about doing them but not sure if it's worth it!
What I have done is fit a kool blue air filter and removed the cold weather start up flap and thermo switch (since now have headers) and riveted over the opening with a flat plate, also fitted the pro-charge salad bowl and cut out the base of the air cleaner to have the best unrestricted air flow possible with OE equipment. It's a 93 K1500 350 so wanted to keep the water trap etc.
It has flow tech shorty headers, I modified the collectors to get better gas merging and scavenging effect, these run into 2 1/4 down pipes then into a flow master collector then 3" single, no cat.
With these mods I have noticeable improvement performance but wondering if I need more fuel pressure to prevent possible leaning out of the fuel mixture?
Has anyone had any experience with the 14lb regulator Spring you can get on eBay?
Cheers.