Uhhh ok?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Such idiocy on Facebook marketplace, I'm glad I don't have anything to sell anymore. Next time I want to sell something, off to the scrap yard it goes!

You got the idiots who ask "what ur bottom dollar" or the ones who say "will it fit my vehicle 'x'?" or "will you take (add in lowball price here)?" or the ones that flake/ghost you for no reason. I was selling a set of factory 16" rims off of a 04 Silverado for $100 obo, they weren't great but functional. I had one ass clown who said "would you take $75 for these wheels?" I said hell yeah, come get them. He says "I'll let you know tomorrow around 7 am for when I can get them" I said no problem. Never got back to me. I even said "wanna try tomorrow?" nothing, I can see he read the message. Nothing. I can't believe the audacity of these people. Ended up selling them for $50 a couple weeks later, I was just glad they're out of my garage. Back when I used to use CL, very little did I encounter such stupidity. I almost dread selling on there because of this.

Here's one kid that made me furious:

You must be registered for see images attach

/end rant.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Such idiocy on Facebook marketplace, I'm glad I don't have anything to sell anymore. Next time I want to sell something, off to the scrap yard it goes!

You got the idiots who ask "what ur bottom dollar" or the ones who say "will it fit my vehicle 'x'?" or "will you take (add in lowball price here)?" or the ones that flake/ghost you for no reason. I was selling a set of factory 16" rims off of a 04 Silverado for $100 obo, they weren't great but functional. I had one ass clown who said "would you take $75 for these wheels?" I said hell yeah, come get them. He says "I'll let you know tomorrow around 7 am for when I can get them" I said no problem. Never got back to me. I even said "wanna try tomorrow?" nothing, I can see he read the message. Nothing. I can't believe the audacity of these people. Ended up selling them for $50 a couple weeks later, I was just glad they're out of my garage. Back when I used to use CL, very little did I encounter such stupidity. I almost dread selling on there because of this.

Here's one kid that made me furious:

/end rant.
Found a 3/4 drop to put on my moms c10 last week. Everything $100. I msgd dude 5 min after posted. He opened my msg n 2 days later marked it sold. Im with u on just scrappin it. Then when all these idiots ask "wHeReD aLl ThE gOoD pArTs Go?" to the scrap yard to be melted down for china cuz you were too cheap/stupid to pick it up when you had the chance. I dont haggle anymore. I set a fair price usually on par with local yard n i know hes pretty cheap... Least for me. My motor combo was listed 550 complete, 300 for runnin motor 150 for good tcase, 50 for core trans.
"whats your bottom dollar?"
"ok i only need motor"
Ok 300.
Got a thumbs up. Fine dude go find a runnin motor at a junkyard for under 300 that you don't have to pull yourself. I dont run a charity. Until unicef gets into car parts you're screwed.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Found a 3/4 drop to put on my moms c10 last week. Everything $100. I msgd dude 5 min after posted. He opened my msg n 2 days later marked it sold. Im with u on just scrappin it. Then when all these idiots ask "wHeReD aLl ThE gOoD pArTs Go?" to the scrap yard to be melted down for china cuz you were too cheap/stupid to pick it up when you had the chance. I dont haggle anymore. I set a fair price usually on par with local yard n i know hes pretty cheap... Least for me. My motor combo was listed 550 complete, 300 for runnin motor 150 for good tcase, 50 for core trans.
"whats your bottom dollar?"
"ok i only need motor"
Ok 300.
Got a thumbs up. Fine dude go find a runnin motor at a junkyard for under 300 that you don't have to pull yourself. I dont run a charity. Until unicef gets into car parts you're screwed.
Exactly on setting a fair firm price, that's all I do anymore. If I put OBO in the listing, I just get constant lowball offers.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
WOW, that's bad. I've never gotten anything like that. The only really screwy thing I've gotten was, "Is it available I'm not even going to lie", which I kind of assumed was some sort of voice to text mistake.