Turning the obs into a daily....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
The honda has been down for a week now. Started knocking on the bottom end...now trying to decide for motor or sell it as is. At work I have $400 worth of tires ready to go on and a new axle then the knock been driving the truck lol.

Ouch!

Do you have an online auction place near by? If so dump the honda there, dont feel bad about selling it with a knock, any bidder knows the risks and have the opportunity to look it over in person and start it. And list the tires separately, you can probably get close to what you paid for them

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ouch!

Do you have an online auction place near by? If so dump the honda there, dont feel bad about selling it with a knock, any bidder knows the risks and have the opportunity to look it over in person and start it. And list the tires separately, you can probably get close to what you paid for them
yeah it definetly sucks...I can get an f22 replacement motor for 800ish...get it back on the road or just scrap it and keep daily driving the truck..

Gas hasnt' been terrible but even after the 800 for the motor...add prolly 600 for misc and then 400 for tires...not sure how much I want to invest into a 97 accord

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd keep 2. You don't know the day, when one is sick. I,like the others, drive my Tahoe 2-3 times a week to work to keep her healthy-the rest of time lil 1 liter Subaru does the job. This way you'll enjoy it more too.
Always best to have backup. I was at my friend's garage recently and one family has 3 Land Rovers(newish). They were all in the garage. Don't keep Land Rovers as a backup...

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'd keep 2. You don't know the day, when one is sick. I,like the others, drive my Tahoe 2-3 times a week to work to keep her healthy-the rest of time lil 1 liter Subaru does the job. This way you'll enjoy it more too.
Always best to have backup. I was at my friend's garage recently and one family has 3 Land Rovers(newish). They were all in the garage. Don't keep Land Rovers as a backup...
Is it the Lucas electrics, or just poor design in general?

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it the Lucas electrics, or just poor design in general?
One of them I know of-Discovery-50k engine,turbo went, started sucking the oil from the engine,starved it,now engine knocks-common fault-also camshafts go on them and few other important bits(can't remember what else my friend mentioned). Diesel this one,which suppose to last(it ain't). I'd say poor design-but that's not new in regards to this brand.

m1970

Reaction score
I agree with what everyone has said, for the most part. Definitely keep the Honda, they are very reliable cars (my wife has a 2013 civic with about 180000 on it.) I have around 320000 on my 94 and it's still my daily driver. The old trucks are meant to be driven and a lot of times you have more trouble with them when they sit to much.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly, Honda's are super solid. The automatic transmissions aren't that great (especially from that era) but you have a 5 speed so that shouldn't be an issue. I've had to get my transmission replaced along with a trans cooler, rad, and exhaust and was out of a vehicle for a while. Thankfully, my parents lent me their Explorer when that happened but it honestly sucks to live off one vehicle. I plan on getting an older Honda Accord/Civic or Toyota Camry/Corolla soon because gas is killing me ($3.59/gal rn) so if I were you, I'd keep the Accord as well.