Turn signals won't flash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ben2go

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All OE bulbs. Sometimes when using the signals, they won't flash. They come on but do not flash. Checked the bulbs and relay, all is fine. Has anyone had experience with this problem?

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you saying that it doesn't flash at all or that the problem is intermittent? I get the idea that it works sometimes. If this is the case you likely have a loose connection somewhere, most likely a bulb socket It could be the flasher unit itself but my bet would be on a bulb connection.

ben2go

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
We went through all the bulbs and replaced nearly everything. We replaced the tail light circuit boards with new ones from Dorman. The signals will come on, light up on the side that is switched on, and sometimes they will not flash. It doesn't matter which side. We can't find any loose connections. I removed and bench tested the relay. It worked every time without fail. The emergency flashers always work, but they are run on a different relay in our truck.

ben2go

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replaced flasher, não bueno. My son drove home from the city with non-op signals. Is there a dedicated ground for this system and where would that be? I don't want to spend days tearing the truck apart to clean the ground.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went back and looked but didnt find where you posted the year of the truck. The multi-function lever assy is a known problem for the 95-99/'00 truck and SUVs.
Do you have brake lights and the 3rd still works, but no signals...
What about the 4-way flashers?

ben2go

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went back and looked but didnt find where you posted the year of the truck. The multi-function lever assy is a known problem for the 95-99/'00 truck and SUVs.
Do you have brake lights and the 3rd still works, but no signals...
What about the 4-way flashers?

Truck info is in my sig line, '89 2500 std. cab. I have all lights working but no flash when using the signals. 4-way flashers work fine. No 3rd brake light on this truck.