turn signal wires 99 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skychair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this is the correct place to ask....
Where can I tap into the turn signal wires??? just installed new tow mirrors on 99 Yukon.
I have a light and dark blue under the dash, but I taped into the light blue... that was a constant hot wire??
I dropped the panel under the steering column, but there is no accessible wiring in back of it.
Need help...Ron

skychair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replied in your other thread, hope it helps.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/turn-signal-wires-99-yukon.44341/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Sir, I did see the diagram, and I Thank you for it.
I looked it over closely, I assumed that grommets represented each side of the fire wall, but other than that it I didnt know what to look for. I'm not electrically inclined in the first place.
There is a group of wires under my dash, and there is a light and dark blue, I assumed.....that these were the left/right side turn signals, based on everything I read on the 'net.
You must be registered for see images attach

When I taped in to the light blue and grounded it out it didnt blink but was all hot.
I know I'm not the only one to install signaled tow mirrors on a OBS Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban.
I might have to run wires out side to the engine bay and hook up there, dont want to do it that way , but.
The only other wire grouping under my dash is this.

Anyone???? I'd appreciate it.
Ron

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s correct, grommet P100 is where the bundle connects to the firewall on engine side.

Connector C102 comes from that and goes to the turn signal lamps.

So, the feed inside the cab is going to be from turn signal switch connector C266 (which continues to the lamp diagram on continuation ‘C’ and ‘D’) on the light and dark blue wires.

Sorry, I meant to include this in my earlier post:

Fine print...this is all for a 1998, but I’d bet that it’s the same for your 1999.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk