Turn Signal Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldBlue88

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for the information. I will check all this stuff and see what happens.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"Front bulbs only one filament" Huh? One filament? Marker lights and turn signals have two filaments. 1157 bulbs, (and 921 side markers).

The signal flasher HAS to be operating properly, it's upstream of the left/right switch. That why there's ONE signal flasher, NOT a left flasher and a right flasher.

His 3rd sentence clearly states:
"The driver side is normal"
As i said the front light is same filament for parking/ headlight and turn. The turn signal is the same filament as brake light, the brighter filament NOT running/ headlights on. To differentiate running from brake/ turn lights and during daylight operation.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why would marker have 2 filaments? On with headlight switch or off. Identification only. No other function.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you even looked at an 1157 bulb? There are 2 filaments inside the glass.
Have you looked at a socket for an 1157? 3 wires. 2 power, 1 for each filament, and one ground

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As i said the front light is same filament for parking/ headlight and turn. The turn signal is the same filament as brake light, the brighter filament NOT running/ headlights on. To differentiate running from brake/ turn lights and during daylight operation.
I think you're confusing a filament; a small wire inside a glass bulb, with an electrical circuit.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you're confusing a filament; a small wire inside a glass bulb, with an electrical circuit.
Mea culpa, yes there is the 1157 dual filament bulb in the lens below the headlight. Uh. No I'm pretty sure I can identify the diff' between bulb construction and tracing electric circuits.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might think about not mixing "apples and oranges". Are they Marker lights, Running lights, Parking lights?

Attachments

• 20210926_151549.jpg
    20210926_151549.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 11