Turn signal and back-up lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SS Performance

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So on my 1996 3500 DRW CC LB I didn't have any back up lights.

I did some work on the truck (Bell Tech lowering kit) and the battery went dead. I charged up the battery and got the truck running.

Once I did I had no radio turn signals or back-up lights. I checked the fuses and found several blown. I replaced them and nor the radio is working but still no turn signals or back up lights. The hazards do work.

Any suggestions on what I should check next?

Thanks
Craig

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question: how does a dead battery cause a number of blown fuses?
Answer: it doesnt. Hooking up the charger backwards and frying electonics does.
Check for more blown fuses. Check for a bad fusable link in the wiring by the starter.
Here's the key:
Engine compartment accessories, lights, ABS, etc is gonna be in the under hood fuse box
Interior accessories like radio, dash, turn signals, lights, etc is gonna be in the driver door panel fuse box.

Last edited:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you checked the reverse wire at the tail lights? At the 4-flat factory connector?
If the 4 ways flash the lights, then the ground is good, check for power at the back
What tranny? 4L80? Use a scan tool and see of the PRNDL module on the tranny is adjusted properly.