Turbo 89 scsb “budgy” build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hurn

Reaction score
About 5 years ago I was in need of a daily to drive back and forth to work .

Had two choices … by a new truck or find something way cooler and always wanted . Picked up this 89 scsb for just over 4K . Ended up driving it for a year until the Tbi motor had enough and decided it was time for a ls swap . The plan was to build a decent looking obs street truck .. on a budgy “ budget “.

Found a gen 4 5.3 and 60e for a decent price and started down the road of gathering parts.

-Swap harness from lab rats performance.
-summit cam “ I had a coupon ” . Same specs as a ljms stage 2 boost cam - faast fuel rails from eBay .
-energy suspension /dirty dingo engine mounts
-walbro 450 pump .

Drove it for two years and ended up selling it to a buddy that had been begging me for it . 8 months later , bought it back and it started spiraling out of control. Stay tuned for phase two .
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Very nice truck, what part of Houston? I'm by the Dome.
Several of us are trying to organize a local group meetup. Tentatively it's the end of October at the Conroe swap meet. More details on the Texas Roll Call thread....
I know there has been a Trucks and coffee thing in west Houston, seen it on YouTube. Haven't been able to get to that one yet....