Tune Up Parts Numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what ngk plugs do i use? the g power, v power, or the iridium ix?

*on a 1997 350 vortec.

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good, the can survive after bad gas station. But i heard from local dealer that there were cases when you put new plug and it's not working. as for the other brands, i tried Accel U-Groove. Good perfomance but poor quality. Had a misfire in 2 cylinders after 10k. Thought bad luck, but when my friend told me he had the same at 5k, well, no more questions. Bought Accel double platinum. Already 15k miles, so far so good.

Last edited:

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Are the stock acdelco plugs any good ?

delco's are the only mfg recomended plug for your truck. cost wise, its been the best plug. not the hottest, but one of the longest lasting and consistant. no complaints and never had a failure from one other than just life span used up

agent319

Reaction score
Picked up my chilton manual while doing my tune-up on my 1998 5.7 Vortec and it said the sparkplug gap should be .035 but I got to O'reilly's Auto and they said .060. Who's right?

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Picked up my chilton manual while doing my tune-up on my 1998 5.7 Vortec and it said the sparkplug gap should be .035 but I got to O'reilly's Auto and they said .060. Who's right?

.060" for anything with Vortec heads.

adambru

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the part number for left (drivers side) exhaust manifold for a 98 gmc sierra 5.7 vortec ¿? Thanks

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score