Tuff Country 4” 8 lug lift (lowered from 4”)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone lowered a lift kit to get an in-between height?
I’m looking at a Tuff Country 4” lift kit and the. Cranking the T-bars DOWN to lower it approximately 1/2-1”

Last edited:

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I have this 14823 lift on my 8 lug late model. See my build for an idea of whats involved.

You're going to have a limit to how much you can "lower" it from the 4" lift as all the cradles and brackets are 4" themselves.

So basically you're just softening your functional front spring rates if you de-crank any from the stock amounts with this kind of lift.

It does not feel right too soft nor too stiff if you crank keys too much out of factory spec. Its a goldilocks thing.

Honestly imo 4" lift on a 3/4 ton truck looks like a level kit on a half ton. I run 33.5" tires and they still look good but not too big or small. A 35" would probably look a little better but the 295/75/16 I run look great still.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you only want that little a lift then just crank the bars. It will lift it but not make it ride like total crap. I ran 285/75s with lil crank, only rubbed the fender/bumper filler barely.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed^

I have a set of adjustable arms from air bag it to dial in camber too... rides a little on the stiff side and ultimate goal during covid is to get the 4 inch kit from TC... running 35's and a BL and the cradle lift will get the stock like ride quality back.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have this 14823 lift on my 8 lug late model. See my build for an idea of whats involved.

You're going to have a limit to how much you can "lower" it from the 4" lift as all the cradles and brackets are 4" themselves.

So basically you're just softening your functional front spring rates if you de-crank any from the stock amounts with this kind of lift.

It does not feel right too soft nor too stiff if you crank keys too much out of factory spec. Its a goldilocks thing.

Honestly imo 4" lift on a 3/4 ton truck looks like a level kit on a half ton. I run 33.5" tires and they still look good but not too big or small. A 35" would probably look a little better but the 295/75/16 I run look great still.

I think I’m just going to get that 4” lift.
Being a crew cab and long bed, they just look SO much better lifted