Trying to reach Sewlow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still alive!
Not the first time people have figured me to be dead. A fact that I've actually made money on! ...and had a whole lotta fun with, messing with the believer's heads! Long stories! Lol!
Anyways...
I've had some family stuff going on & I got really behind in the shop.
Actually had to pull the pin on a couple of big jobs because I just couldn't fulfill my obligations or the customers time & delivery expectations. Damn! Not good for the shop's rep.

...and I had to just unplug from the computer world for a while.

Apologies to the guys that have PM'd me. I will be catching up with you, but things are still kinda sideways here. It may take a few days or a week or so. I'll be checking in, but won't be spending much time, as it's at a premium.

As far as the family stuff, my Dad, 87 years young, tripped over the door threshold coming outa his shop. Went down, HARD.
Broke his right arm, his left wrist, a couple of bones in his left hand, badly bruised ribs & tweaked his shoulder that he was supposed to be going in to have surgery on before this happened.
He's now in 2 casts up to both elbows.
On top of all that, Mom's car, '09 Lincoln Town Car, 30,000 miles, (B-o-a-t) decided to kill a few sensors all at once. I think. It's at a repair shop.
So I've been spending a whole bunch of time at M&D's place. Doing their errands. Driving Mom to her Doctor appointments. Dad to his. The grocery shopping. Pushing a broom. The vacuum. Even bottled Dad's wine for him. (No. He hadn't been drinking when he fell. Doesn't drink much. He only has a glass or two a day with supper.)
Did a brake job on Dad's '41. Not that he's gonna be driving it anytime soon, but it needed to be done & I was there.
All this has not been easy on Mom. She's 89. With a comprimised ticker.
She's been looking after the ole man. (I ain't wiping his ass for him! Zippin' his fly! F that! I have limits.)
She's stressed, to say the least. B/P keeps spiking.

This...THIS!...is their payback for my outa control mis-spent youth & the hell that I put them through.
What goes around comes around, I guess.

But...WoW, guys! Thanks! I really appreciate the concern over my whereabouts. Feelin' all warm & fuzzy!

...oh yea.
I have a new dog! I'll be posting pix in the 'Show you're dogs' thread soon. But not tonight. I'm actually in my own shop! At midnight. Here till at least 4am. Gotta catch up. ("Be self-employed", they said! Yea. Thanks. Man-o-man.)
Dang Al, I hope that things even out for you and your folks!