True dual exhaust 45ed in front of the rear tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so here is my idea, only problem is I've never seen it done and need a little advice.

I got true dual 2.5 pipe off of hooker headers ran through a cherry bomb vortec muffler. It comes out behind the tires now at 45 but I want to make em exit in front of the tires. The passenger side will be quick and simple but on the driver's side is the gas tank. I'm thinking that I can just run the pipe under the gas tank with maybe an inch and a half of clearance between the pipe and tank. For getting past the drive shaft I think that it will work best to turn the pipe towards the drivers side as soon as its out of the muffler so that way when the rear end is at full drop the drive shaft doesn't poke down that far. Which means that I'll be able to make a less pronounced dip in the pipe to keep the drive shaft off the exhaust pipe. From that point on its just simple pipe bends and weld a tip on the pipe.

I kinda rushed into the last project so I wanna make sure I got all the details worked out and ready to go. I was hoping that maybe someone may see a flaw in my plan or have some pointers for me. My truck isn't lowered so I got plenty of road clearance for the pipe to fit under the drive shaft.

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it would def look like under neath of the truck i would just it alone or throw em out the passenger side,Im like em out the back.

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the fuel tank is definetly going to mess with you
if you do it then you need to make a heat shield to keep the heat off the plastic skid plate