Truck rides like a brick.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update.

I was trying to find the specs on alldata for ride height but couldn't. I did find specs on autozone but doesnt give a suspension option. I set them to 34mm so its st least closer to what stock should be.

You must be registered for see images attach

That measurement is only a meant as a starting point. Here’s information on Z-height from the 88 GM service manual.

Number 13 in the illustration is your Z-height.

Last edited:

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should look at the door sticker to see your OEM suggested tire pressure and start there. For my 1500 it says 35 PSI, and I ran that for years on my 265s, 285s and 305s. When I put my 37s on recently I had to go up to 40 pounds to get rid of that "lookin kinda low" sidewall bulge.

If you know how much weight is actually on each axle they make charts that match up tire size and vehicle weight with tire load range and PSI.
toyotires.com/media/3729/application_of_load_inflation_tables_20200723.pdf

Also, if you lift, then lift springs are not the way to go if you want it to ride nice. The more arch a spring has, the worse it rides. The best way would be to use a shackle flip, as it lets you use stock springs for about 4" of lift. You can also go down a spring pack size too. They start at 3/1 for the regular 1500 trucks, 4/1 for the heavy half/light 2500, and up from there all the way to 7/1 I think for the duallys. I went from worn out 3/1 to brand new (not junkyard but actually new new) 4/1s and it's definitely a noticeable difference in ride quality. I almost regret them lol. But I don't, because I have a toolbox, lumber rack and 37" spare to haul around, plus whatever I'm towing or hauling.1

GMC Josh

Reaction score
Welcome Snoman!
Please don't let this upset you , because I just want to clear up something for you. The GMT400 HD platform has a different frame (taller) and weren't offered as pickup trucks. They were cab and chassis and/or ordered with different utility beds out back. The taller frame meant that the body sits higher and necessitated a rather ugly filler panel between the front bumper and the grille. Like this....

Again, "I come in peace." Just informing you what a HD is. -And I bet THEY ride like hell, lol!

Yea i have one with a flatbed. You HAVE to wear your seatbelt when you drive it. Otherwise the roof os going to give you one hell of a headache