TRUCK IS ACTING CRAZY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1994 Chevy 1500 with a 350. Last summer I replaced all the rear suspension, tank, fuel pump, fuel lines everything and a new rust free box. Around Feb it started to run a little rough nothing big I replaced the plugs and had the cap, rotor and wires put on my local mechanic because it was 20 below zero and I don't have a heated shop. About a month ago I was driving and it just quit, I was able to get it to a parking lot. I replaced the cap and rotor again and it was fine BTW the cap and rotor were only on the truck for 3 months, replaced the plugs as well again. 2 days ago it did the same thing in my driveway cap and rotor only a month old. Today I replaced the distributer, coil, cap rotor ignition control module all included. Started it up ran fine, let it warm up disconnected that wire and timed it hooked wire back up and put my tools away it was running great. Started it back up revved it up all good shut it off. Started it back up and it died and it said check gauges and the tach was pegged so I left the key on. Engine bay was making a clicking sound from firewall area and dumping fuel into the TBI. I turned the key off unhooked the battery and called it a day. Some say it may be a ground issue I just hope it's not on the frame under my box I don't want to have to pull my box off again to get at them. Anyway any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I kinda thought that is what someone would say. Can you give me a list of all the grounds that need replaced? And where they are located.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check for codes?,,, OBD1 sets codes without turning on check engine light

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread should help.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, my truck was just recently having a few different electrical issues. My negative cable to battery connection was stripped. Definitely wasn’t a good connection. Since I repaired, all issues resolved!
I’m also upgrading.

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the record, my truck was just recently having a few different electrical issues. My negative cable to battery connection was stripped. Definitely wasn’t a good connection. Since I repaired, all issues resolved!
I’m also upgrading.
Thank you