Truck cranks but doesnt start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
ALRIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Ive finally found the issue! It was the cap and rotor all along and I found out because the spark plugs were firing but something was off about them. There was spark but it was very rapid and it was arcing but after replacing the cap and rotor and adjusting the cam offset the truck is running like new and it’s running better than before!

I would like to thank everyone in this forum for helping me out with tips and things that possibly went bad in my truck!
Glad to hear that you got it sorted out! Thanks for the update. These trucks are like middle age people, they are starting to get stove up and don't want to do everything they used to without a little assistance. But far from being completely worn out....that takes at least 500,000 miles LOL. Anything less is just broken in good

obsguy124

Reaction score
It was such a pain in the butt but it got done after checking so many things, I was relieved that it was something simple and easy to do but I felt stupid for not checking spark more in detail sooner. Could have saved a lot more time on this but hey it’s more experience on the belt and if it ever happens again now I know.

At least I was able to share some stuff with you guys that could possibly help if rough times of crank but no start come abroad!