Trouble Connecting to TunerPro RT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timberjacked

Reaction score
What bcc do you have? 4 digit letter code. Should be on memcal and ECU.

You don't have to be approved for gear head forum, you just have to post a thread in the introduction when you sign up.

Throttle stop screw should be just where it holds the throttle from closing all the way. Just where it makes a Small movement after contact and throttle blade not sticking. Idle rpm is controlled by the idle air control valve that bypasses the throttle blade, and is set to a certain rpm.

Hope that helps.
Yes sir that’s how I have the throttle stop screw set! Just enough so the throttle doesn’t feel sticky.

My BCC is BDKA

And the gear head forum…. I should say that the “confirm your email” email never came through

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would appear that is $E6 for a 350 4l60e.

Here is the adx from the gearhead site. I changed file extension to zip so it would upload here. Just changed it back to.adx

Attachments

• A201 $E6 TP5 v250.zip
    130.1 KB · Views: 3

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reason I asked for the bcc code is, there is a chance you might be running $0D or $0E, and not $E6.
Just because it's an 8625, doesn't mean it's $E6.
Would the different definitions keep TP from connecting or would they just mix up the data?

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would the different definitions keep TP from connecting or would they just mix up the data?
Good question, I'm not sure, but I believe when you connect a command is sent to request data, clear comms, ect. If given in the wrong language, hard to say what would happen.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP,
Just continuing to think about this, was anything plugged in in the truck? I have had problems with my 94 not wanting to connect if I had certain things plugged in the cigarette lighter.

Also, does the paperclip code check work? If it does, your aldl is most likely fine.

Does your cable have a switch on the side, have you tried in both positions?

That's all I can think of that might be helpful right now, and of course I'm sure you have the ignition switch on when trying to connect.

timberjacked

Reaction score
This may help with your Min Idle Screw, it also shows how to adjust your TPS.
I’m starting to think I may be having some type of electrical issue because

1.) resetting the IAC as per this does not seem to work for me (it’s a new IAC)

2.) I cannot connect to TunerPro RT

I don’t even know where to begin diagnosing electrical issues or whether or not this hunch makes sense

timberjacked

Reaction score
OP,
Just continuing to think about this, was anything plugged in in the truck? I have had problems with my 94 not wanting to connect if I had certain things plugged in the cigarette lighter.
For some reason, I skipped right over reading this message I did not intend to ignore it... Nothing was plugged in to the cigarette lighter.

Also, does the paperclip code check work? If it does, your aldl is most likely fine.
When I turn my key on, I don't even have a CEL anymore, thinking it may have burned out? Although I know the light had worked in the not too distant past. So, no, I suppose the paperclip code check doesn't work.

To further look into this, I also jumped A & B terminals and turned key on, engine off, as if I were resetting the IAC, disconnected the IAC and then removed jumper. but then I removed the IAC valve I noticed that the spring was not fully extended (hardly extended at all). It is a new IAC valve, so I doubt it was DOA...

Does your cable have a switch on the side, have you tried in both positions?

It does not have a "switch" but it does have a little yellow resistor that I can remove (see picture)

You must be registered for see images attach

That's all I can think of that might be helpful right now, and of course I'm sure you have the ignition switch on when trying to connect.
I did have the ignition switch on. But always good to check the obvious stuff too!

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I turn my key on, I don't even have a CEL anymore, thinking it may have burned out?
You need to verify this, If you have a good bulb, this means ECU is not running bulb test, wich means ECU may be faulty or could be wiring to cel