trimmed lca

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68vett

Reaction score
Need to see some pictures of trimmed lower control arms.. doing a 4/6 drop with 15 inch wheels.. Also are the spring cushions really necessery.. [ the pad that sits on the top of the spring ]

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
THe cushion helps the squeaking. And here's my modded gutter on lca
You must be registered for see images attach

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Passenger side from the front

from the rear

68vett

Reaction score
Awsome... Thanks for the photos.. Way to much labor invested to mess up the control arms.. Down to the last details.. Once I get it off of the jack stands i want to roll not fix..

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score

edit for anybody looking at bag shock mount.... that mount isnt positioned right and neither is the hole in the LCA ive since moved the LCA mount location back afew inches. and im to lazy to cut and reweld the shocks top mount. ;) just dont want anybody to look and thing that is where its suposed to be ;)

mine is cut back about to the sway bar linkage.
just be sure after you get the drop on it to put some blocks of wood or something solid under the LCA be carefull around the lower balljoint grease fitting not to damage it! and once weight of vehicle is on the lca then turn the wheel back and forth while rotating the tire and check for any rubbing!
on mine i had to trim my LCA about 4times before getting it good. at first it rubbed the rims lip grinding hard, second it was rubbing the passenger side sway bar turning left, third and fourth time it kept knocking off inner wheel weights over and over again.LOL
so because i didnt test mine out very good it made alot more annoying to think your done and then pull the truck right back into the shop after turning one time and grinding! that sucked! ya dont want to overkill it because that could weaken the lca. and ya just dont wanna weaken it to much more than you have to! and just so ya know so far ive had no issues to my knowledge with trimming them. but if in doubt and you wanna overkill the whole thing, you can get some thick steel and make your own bottom plate to weld to the lca to give it more strength.

o ya and the sway bar rubbing i had to add to my stock steering bump stops. if you look at my rear side picture you can see i have 2bolts and also afew pieces of metal added to the factory steering stop. that way it would not rub my sway bar when turning to sharp. and i did both sides this way. the left turn stop is on the left side and right on right side. very easy to add a extra stop. just drill hole in the center of the stop bracket and add a bolt and nut. the U shape of the bracket holds a nut perfect with a 3/8 nut or so ;)

also i would suggest to keep the spring rubbers and i would replace them if yours is crushed to bad. mine where all disformed but i just duct taped them to my new springs but they did shift and i believe thats what was giving me a poping sound on some bumps. i wish i had just bought new rubber for the springs to use. but ive switched to bags as you can see so i no longer have a unwanted poping sound. ;)

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
^ LOL ya only for testing when lifting with a jack with no tire on the truck. my stock size tires lay hard on the inner fenders still fully dropped.lol i get real close to kissin the frame but not really right now. but as soon as i cut up inner fenders ill have to notch for tie rods! but my new tie rods are painted so no more rust ;)
i should have notched the frame the same time BUT to be honest i forgot and once i had the bags inplace i just got lucky my tires held them off by a hair.LOL
next time i have my bags out i want to do some different work on them. i have getting that top bolt to go thru frame into the bracket. i gotta figure out a better way to line it up. either a threaded stud into the bracket and then out the top frame or something just welded to the brackets mine are welded inside the cups. it takes me about 20mins just to get one freakin bolt started! :(

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Peice of all thread out of the upper cup through the shock hole worked for me. As far as the tie rod I'm about to pie cut the frame so I don't have to do that and don't need to mod the lcas. I'm 1/4 in from laying with the 22's. Oh snap another thread jack in progress lol

Tigwldr

Reaction score
Random question: Has anyone reinforced there arms after trimming the gutters?