Trim Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just picked up a 19 K1500 that I want to restore close to stock. The emblems were removed by a previous owner. I looked up the RPO codes on line but it only tells me trim level III. I would like to figure out if it is a Cheyenne, Scottsdale, or a Silverado. Is there any way to find out?

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
If you have all the power accessories (locks, windows) then you likely have the Silverado.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you just Google all the RPOs on your sticker, or did you actually pay for a VIN lookup from somewhere like compnine.com? The reason I ask is that most GM RPO codes have been recycled over the years in different vehicles, so they may mean different things depending on the application. A VIN lookup on compnine costs $5 but they provide a detailed breakdown of the RPOs that are accurate to your specific vehicle. If you really want to know exactly what the truck had when it rolled out of the factory that's what I'd recommend doing. They give you other cool info too like how many other trucks that year had specific RPOs, and exact production date of the truck.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for that link @df2x4, always wanted to see all of the options and such, and I finally got that checked off!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for that link @df2x4, always wanted to see all of the options and such, and I finally got that checked off!

No problem! That site used to be free but I think it's still worth the money. I've heard that a GM dealer can provide the same info but I've never asked one.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a 1991. I used a link to a GM RPO site. It was helpful. It did answer a lot of questions. Although it Doesen't have PW and RDL's it does have a lot of upgrades. Way more than I would think a Cheyenne would have come with. And less then a Silverado. Thanks for the info, The $5 site sounds like the way to go.