Tray for 2nd battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brother just bought a time capsule '99 burb (1 owner, every option, 44,000 miles!). I went to the dealer and checked it over for him. He's got the second battery tray but there some plastic gizmo mounted to it with hoses running along the side of the headers and back to the firewall. Can't remember seeing it on any trucks at the pick'n'pull and didnt have time to fully investigate.
Anyone have a clue!? Wish I had a photo...

HopHead357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My brother just bought a time capsule '99 burb (1 owner, every option, 44,000 miles!). I went to the dealer and checked it over for him. He's got the second battery tray but there some plastic gizmo mounted to it with hoses running along the side of the headers and back to the firewall. Can't remember seeing it on any trucks at the pick'n'pull and didnt have time to fully investigate.
Anyone have a clue!? Wish I had a photo...
I was literally just talking to my buddy with a burb about this last night. That's emissions equipment located in the second battery spot.

We're both about to do winches and I'm gathering parts for a dual battery set up. He just told me about this crap on his. I wonder if I can be relocated without reprocussions in California.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Storage box??? I wonder if all of the trucks in the frozen North got the 2nd battery tray by default?
No telling, I do wonder how many of the trucks in the yard came from somewhere else. The truck at LKQ that I got the tan pull out cupholder out of, had nice interior, but the rockers were barely there! Definitely a northern truck! I was nervous about getting in and out of it, to get that part out, wondering if it was gonna fold up with me in it....

Lsp1369

Reaction score
Battery tray mounted up perfect! Thanks again Trio. The mounting hole from my storage box lined perfectly for the battery tray and to my surprise. I left the bolt in place so i didnt even have to source any new bolts.

Attachments

• IMG_20230201_111207498_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230201_111207498_HDR.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 18

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Battery tray mounted up perfect! Thanks again Trio. The mounting hole from my storage box lined perfectly for the battery tray and to my surprise. I left the bolt in place so i didnt even have to source any new bolts.
Yep the box and battery tray use the same holes and hardware. Another genius GM design!