transmission grinding and not moving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just installed my new motor and I put it into reverse and moved 10 feet then it stopped and then I put it into drive and it started grinding. When I shift it into gear with the coloum it grinds in every gear as well as it won't go into park with the column, I have to go underneath and push it with my hand. I replaced the shift cable and the NSS already. Any suggestions, I believe I cracked the fluid pump in the transmission. I also pulled the pan and nothing alarming in there.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hard or impossible to tell. Grinding usually means something bad happened internally...

Did you check the torque converter spacing against the flex plate? 1/8 to 3/16". Possible that pump got wiped out. Hooking up a fluid pressure guage will tell you if that's the case.

Reaction score
4x4 4l60e with np241c transfer case and when it grinding I can hear it coming from the tranny.