Transmission crossmember for SAS project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I designed and I am in the process of fabricating my trans crossmember for my 93 Chevy SAS and wanted to see what everyone else has done for the crossmember?

I can’t use the factory crossmember because I can’t clock the case to get a flat belly Because it looks like it’ll hit the floor board.

I made a drawing of the crossmember and it’s a bent design that has the corners welded afterwards.

You must be registered for see images attach

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the progress of the crossmember

You must be registered for see images attach

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Neat a "c notched" tranny crossmember... Lol ..a great out of the box thought. When you have in and running I'd like your honest thoughts on how it does.

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neat a "c notched" tranny crossmember... Lol ..a great out of the box thought. When you have in and running I'd like your honest thoughts on how it does.

I’ll be putting it in today. I am am running an 80’s np208 with th400 trans. And pretty much based the design on the 80-87 Chevy W style crossmember that allowed the transfer case to hang down below the frame.