Transfer case issues 246 auto4wd seems to stay engaged.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strouty

Reaction score
This is a weird issue, I have been chasing it for a bit, seems to go away, then comes back. The transfer case switch will have no lights lit up, but you can feel that it is in 4 wheel high when turning the wheel, especially when backing up. I will try and push the 2 wheel drive button, sometimes it lights up, then goes out, other times I have to hold the button and then it will stay lit. I had originally thought that it was the switch itself, went to replace it and found that the wiring harness to the switch had been "repaired". If I messed with the harness, it would light up 2 wheel drive, then go out, but wiggling the wires would easily make it go out again. I thought it was the spliced wires, but it actually seemed to be the connector, in the end I took another connector from another truck and soldered the harness in myself so I know the connection is good. I am now second guessing as to wether I swapped the switch out or not as I had two used ones and then bought a new one. That is going to be my next step, but this is driving me up a wall. It does not show any codes for the transfer case, I checked that first. Anyone ever have an issue like this?