Transfer case engagement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wine Hill

Reaction score
With my truck on jack stands, the front wheels will engage, then will disengage on their own. Checked front actuator and it works. This only works on stands. On the ground, front end won't engage at all. Any ideas. New push button controls were added, and also took off case shift motor, and tested it. As far as I know it works.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thermal actuator? Does it engage PROPERLY? Common for them to get weak, so they do not fully engage. Partial engagement might work on jack stands, but not on pavement.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If changing from thermal to electric actuator, factory plug from electric actuator(if used instead of adapter harness) needs to be repinned and spacer added on physical actuator travel.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember an acquaintance went to school with said " earlier electric shift were slow, service bulletin, or ?, later model were lot faster". Sounds like any torque or load is spitting it out, or not fully shifted. Whats service manual say?

Wine Hill

Reaction score
Going to double check all fluids tonight for starters. Then will go from there

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how "all fluids" could be a factor in this problem.

You might want to tell us WHAT VEHICLE THIS IS. Does it have a thermal actuator?

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With my truck on jack stands, the front wheels will engage, then will disengage on their own. Checked front actuator and it works. This only works on stands. On the ground, front end won't engage at all. Any ideas. New push button controls were added, and also took off case shift motor, and tested it. As far as I know it works.
Have a diff leak
You must be registered for see images attach