Trans/Driveshaft clunks and falls on its face

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ive got a 95 silverado. its a manual 305 4wd. and when im shifting, right when i press the clutch in the truck rocks forewards. i dont know how to really describe it but my local mechanics and my brother (diesel mechanic) said that its most likely the u joints but they seem fine and well greased. if i can get a video any time soo i will post it here. but any help is appreciated because i need to get it fixed asap. again. thanks.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
to check the u-joints, you should be blocking the wheels and taking it out of gear with the e brake off..then check the joints for play

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
to check the u-joints, you should be blocking the wheels and taking it out of gear with the e brake off..then check the joints for play
went ahead and did that and they seem solid. theyres a little play but not enough to really be dangerous and when i say a little i mean it moves like a 1/16th of an inch