Trailmaster 4 inch lift HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71LOVE

Reaction score
I've been wanting a 4in. RCX lift for my 97 Silverado for a long time but Im a college student and just dont have $1000. I've been looking on craigslist for used lifts and i found one last night but dont know much about it. It is a Trailmaster 4 inch suspension lift. He said its a knuckle lift so my concern is the track width but the guy said its not much wider than stock. I dont want a lift that is going to be like a fabtech with a huge increase in track width. My questions are as follows:

Does it change the track width a lot? and how much?

Is the 4 in kit the same as a 6 in kit, and just have to crank the t bars to get the 6 inches?

Do you have to crank the 4 in kit at all to reach the 4 inches of lift?

Is it a good kit overall?

The guy took it off of a 92, my truck is a 97. Will it fit my truck?

If you have pics of a trailmaster lift i would appreciate that a lot too

Any additional info on the lift too i really appreciate it.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will change the track width being a knuckle kit, kinda up to you if its too much. Pick the right offset wheels and I think it looks fine.

And no the 4 and 6 inch kits are not the same. The 6" is a full drop, big difference.

No complaints about the kit that I know of and yes it will fit your truck.

If the price is good I'd go for it. Here are the installation insctructions, you can go over everything thing to make sure all the pieces are there. http://www.trailmastersuspension.com/instructions/C44.pdf

Here are some pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Z71LOVE

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. DO you know anything about the CV angles? Will they still be flat?

He wants $400 for it without shocks. any opinions on that

Or would i just be better off saving up for a new RCX?

Opinions please!!

Thanks again dcz71

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats kinda the nature of the beast with knuckle kits, usually worse angles. A full drop kit you can keep the stock geometry. A full drop will have more down travel. The knuckle lift will be easier to install. But a full drop is not terrible either just time consuming. I put a full drop cepek 6.5" on mine.

I'm always a little leary of used kits, whether they were beat up off road or your missing hardware, etc. $400 wouldnt be bad if it included shocks but your talkin a couple hundred for 4 new shocks. If you could save up for the rcx I would go that route honestly, you get a 5.25" drop and everything brand new. Check with vendors here and fsc, you can probably get it shipped for 900 something.
That said if money is a big factor, nothin wrong with that trailmaster kit if its complete and in good shape. Just try to haggle with the guy some.

Last edited:

Lucky Cat

Reaction score
U dont replace the knuckles with this kit...u replace the upper arm and add a balljoint spacer so the tracking is same as stock...I have this kit on my 99 sub that i bought used ( just check the parts list from the site listed above in Dcz71's post) and it rides great on the road...i wouldnt worry about the shocks that come with the new kits because you will prolly want to run Bilstein shocks anyway they last longer and are alot better ride..just my .02...hope this helps ....Kevin