Trailer plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EppNation

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bumper shopping some time ago landed me a Ford truck (I think) bumper from junkyard that had already been modified to fit something else. I just had to drill 2 more holes it in to match up to all factory fastening locations that stock bumpe had.

Anyway, I flush mounted my 7 flat in one of license plate light holes, and put a 6 round in the other so I don't have to worry about adapters anymore.

License plate light solution:
Rupse lj166 2PCS White LED Motorcycle, Car License Plate Screw Blot Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RIEQXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XnKwCb5WSWSGX

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would use a plug that has a 5 wire flat along with the 7 pin round. My boat trailer requires a 5 pin flat because of disc brakes and the 4 pin flat trailer plug will still plug into a 5 pin flat receptacle. Cost is the same.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like this.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
This is exactly where I put mine, in fact, if that was a Nevada license plate I would think someone stole my picture, except my extra lights on the bumper are black housing.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is exactly where I put mine, in fact, if that was a Nevada license plate I would think someone stole my picture, except my extra lights on the bumper are black housing.
I'd be possible... I grabbed that pic from an image search on google... lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ShawnN

Reaction score
I've broken 2 of those exact plugs, the little door is super flimsy and just snaps off. I'm actually in the market for a beefier replacement. The plug on my 1500 is just left of the hitch, a bit off center but out of harm's way. The dually has the superhitch so it's much closer to center, bolted to a tab just left of the receiver tube hole and protected by the chain hooks.

i recently had this same issue on my Yoder Toter 15 passenger van. I highly recommend going with the Hopkins Endurance model instead of this one. It is much stronger and better built but functionally the same. FYI the Endurance model will fit in the same bracket when (not if) you break the standard unit.