Trailer plugs

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Tdean91491, Feb 4, 2019.

1. EppNation

EppNation OBS Enthusiast

Bumper shopping some time ago landed me a Ford truck (I think) bumper from junkyard that had already been modified to fit something else. I just had to drill 2 more holes it in to match up to all factory fastening locations that stock bumpe had.

Anyway, I flush mounted my 7 flat in one of license plate light holes, and put a 6 round in the other so I don't have to worry about adapters anymore.

License plate light solution:
    Rupse lj166 2PCS White LED Motorcycle, Car License Plate Screw Blot Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RIEQXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XnKwCb5WSWSGX

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

HotWheelsBurban likes this.
  2. Stephen

Stephen Newbie

I would use a plug that has a 5 wire flat along with the 7 pin round. My boat trailer requires a 5 pin flat because of disc brakes and the 4 pin flat trailer plug will still plug into a 5 pin flat receptacle. Cost is the same.

3. JackE

JackE I'm Awesome

This is exactly where I put mine, in fact, if that was a Nevada license plate I would think someone stole my picture, except my extra lights on the bumper are black housing.

magimerlin likes this.
  4. magimerlin

magimerlin I'm Awesome

I'd be possible... I grabbed that pic from an image search on google... lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

5. silverado98

silverado98 slab holiday

Clean and easy

20190816_090134.jpg

20190816_090131.jpg

6. ShawnN

ShawnN Newbie

i recently had this same issue on my Yoder Toter 15 passenger van. I highly recommend going with the Hopkins Endurance model instead of this one. It is much stronger and better built but functionally the same. FYI the Endurance model will fit in the same bracket when (not if) you break the standard unit.