Trailblazer L6 torque converter into 5.7 4L60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello!
I want to replace my torque conveter since it's going bad. I thought about intalling a higher stall converer.
I know some guys intalling an S10, but according to my friend machanic, it won't last long. So i thought about L6 trailblazer's converter. But i can't find any into, will it fit with the splines and flywheel bolt holes?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Your mechanic is full of crap. Lots of people have done the S10 converter with no issues. The TB TC would drop right into the trans, but not sure about the FW bolt pattern or its stall for that matter.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello!
I want to replace my torque conveter since it's going bad. I thought about intalling a higher stall converer.
I know some guys intalling an S10, but according to my friend machanic, it won't last long. So i thought about L6 trailblazer's converter. But i can't find any into, will it fit with the splines and flywheel bolt holes?

Your mechanic does not know what he is talking about. The 4.3 S10 converter is for all practical purposes the same as a L98/LT1 Corvette torque converter. Just get the converter for the same year as your 4L60E so that the lockup clutch material is correct for your application. I used a remanufactured S10 converter in the 4L65E in my Express van. My eventual transmission failure had nothing to do with the converter. My cammed, tuned L31 broke the 4L65Es case.