Toy trucks for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'm specific in what I collect.
Even then, that's kinda all over the map. 1/18's, some 1/24's, some 1/43's & a lot of 1/64 Hot Wheels along with nice J/L's.
If I can, I try to get the same vehicle in the 3 common sizes, (not much in 1/43) such as the Stone, Woods & Cook '41 Willys. Both the red & the blue versions. Many times I have to buy the 1/24 as a plastic model kit & then build it to match.
I have the yellow Greer, Black & Prudhomme dragster (GMP) in 4 sizes. 1/64, 1/43, 1/24 & 1/18 (1 of 540).
GMP also made a run of 200 in 1/6. (one SIXTH!!!)
28" long! Amazingly super detailed but it had damn well better be when it had a list price of...(*cough*...ready?...sitting down?...)
...$1985.00! (+20% Cdn. exchange, + shipping. $2500.00 to my door. Ouch!) IF I could find one! Guys with deep pockets snapped them up pretty quick. I mean guys like Foose that has one in a glass display case on his desk, fer F's sake! (It's a big desk!)

That collection started with this poster.

You must be registered for see images attach

Once I had the G.B.& P cars, I started collecting the other ones on the poster.
I have since collected 2 of almost everyone. 1/64 & 1/18. That's taken a while. 22 years. The poster's from '99, & I still need 2 more to complete it.

Others I collect are '32 & '40 Fords. HotWheels. Every body style & most every color version of each.
Lead sleds. 1/64 & 1/18.
I have three 1/24 Cadzilla's. One for display. One's only ever been opened once & the 3rd is stilled sealed in the box. Sequential serial numbers! They come with the matching 1/64.
COE's & Car Carriers.
Every type of trailer imaginable. Flat-deck to utility to AirStreams.
Novas, Chevelles & El Caminos.
V-dubs.

Probably the largest concentration is anything pre-'67 Shelby.
...and yet, my blood runs Chevy Orange! Yea. Weird Whodathunkit?
Probably 50 1/64 Cobras. (Yea. I don't know why, either.)
Probably that many more of various other 1/64 Shelby cars. Pre-'67 only.
3 sizes of GT40's. All Blue w/White stripes.
Same for Daytona's.
A 1/18 '65 Ford F100 shop truck custom painted in Wimbledon White w/LeMans Blue stripes along the rockers ('GTF100' Our drag bus guy painted it for me.) & a matching trailer carrying a race-worn '65 GT350.
A whole same-color Shelby 1/18 shop set-up including a hoist, tool boxes, ramps, a creeper, compressor & air tools, battery charger, oxy acetylene tanks, a stick welder.
A 'new' street version 1/18 '65 GT350 in blue w/white stripes.
A 1/18, dirty, White/Blue race-worn Cobra + a matching Blue/White clean street version.
A 1/18 British Racing Green 289 Cobra + a matching 1/64.

I should actually sell a bunch. Not my personal collection, but the ones in the big plastic bins upon bins upon bins which haven't been opened for y-e-a-r-s.
Everytime I've moved, I've had to lug those damn things around! They sure get heavy! Lol!
Probably just about break-even. But even still, it'd be cash in the jeans! $$$ towards the swap in my '98.
I won't be posting them up here, though.
I've already done enough thread-jacking & don't want to be that guy that jacks your sales, too!

Anyways...
Apologies for the left turn. I'll shut-up now.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'm specific in what I collect.
Even then, that's kinda all over the map. 1/18's, some 1/24's, some 1/43's & a lot of 1/64 Hot Wheels along with nice J/L's.
If I can, I try to get the same vehicle in the 3 common sizes, (not much in 1/43) such as the Stone, Woods & Cook '41 Willys. Both the red & the blue versions. Many times I have to buy the 1/24 as a plastic model kit & then build it to match.
I have the yellow Greer, Black & Prudhomme dragster (GMP) in 4 sizes. 1/64, 1/43, 1/24 & 1/18 (1 of 540).
GMP also made a run of 200 in 1/6. (one SIXTH!!!)
28" long! Amazingly super detailed but it had damn well better be when it had a list price of...(*cough*...ready?...sitting down?...)
...$1985.00! (+20% Cdn. exchange, + shipping. $2500.00 to my door. Ouch!) IF I could find one! Guys with deep pockets snapped them up pretty quick. I mean guys like Foose that has one in a glass display case on his desk, fer F's sake! (It's a big desk!)

That collection started with this poster.

Once I had the G.B.& P cars, I started collecting the other ones on the poster.
I have since collected 2 of almost everyone. 1/64 & 1/18. That's taken a while. 22 years. The poster's from '99, & I still need 2 more to complete it.

Others I collect are '32 & '40 Fords. HotWheels. Every body style & most every color version of each.
Lead sleds. 1/64 & 1/18.
I have three 1/24 Cadzilla's. One for display. One's only ever been opened once & the 3rd is stilled sealed in the box. Sequential serial numbers! They come with the matching 1/64.
COE's & Car Carriers.
Every type of trailer imaginable. Flat-deck to utility to AirStreams.
Novas, Chevelles & El Caminos.
V-dubs.

Probably the largest concentration is anything pre-'67 Shelby.
...and yet, my blood runs Chevy Orange! Yea. Weird Whodathunkit?
Probably 50 1/64 Cobras. (Yea. I don't know why, either.)
Probably that many more of various other 1/64 Shelby cars. Pre-'67 only.
3 sizes of GT40's. All Blue w/White stripes.
Same for Daytona's.
A 1/18 '65 Ford F100 shop truck custom painted in Wimbledon White w/LeMans Blue stripes along the rockers ('GTF100' Our drag bus guy painted it for me.) & a matching trailer carrying a race-worn '65 GT350.
A whole same-color Shelby 1/18 shop set-up including a hoist, tool boxes, ramps, a creeper, compressor & air tools, battery charger, oxy acetylene tanks, a stick welder.
A 'new' street version 1/18 '65 GT350 in blue w/white stripes.
A 1/18, dirty, White/Blue race-worn Cobra + a matching Blue/White clean street version.
A 1/18 British Racing Green 289 Cobra + a matching 1/64.

I should actually sell a bunch. Not my personal collection, but the ones in the big plastic bins upon bins upon bins which haven't been opened for y-e-a-r-s.
Everytime I've moved, I've had to lug those damn things around! They sure get heavy! Lol!
Probably just about break-even. But even still, it'd be cash in the jeans! $$$ towards the swap in my '98.
I won't be posting them up here, though.
I've already done enough thread-jacking & don't want to be that guy that jacks your sales, too!

Anyways...
Apologies for the left turn. I'll shut-up now.
Did you find a green 61 Cadillac like the one in the upper right corner? That's Jimmie Vaughan's car, built and painted by Gary Howard ( in a 2 car garage! ). I know Jimmie well and have seen the car a few times. Somewhere I have pictures I took ......that's what happens when you move several times in 3 years. I have a couple copies of the May 1999 Custom Rodder magazine it was on the cover of, and the #4 issue of Rodders Journal that it was featured in ( along with the GB&P dragster IIRC). Hopefully this fall, Lone Star Roundup will resume in Austin, Texas and he'll have several of his cars there. He started with the lavender 51 Chevy, and then built the yellow 63 Riviera. The Cadillac was his 3rd car, and first radical custom. He also has a very subtle 54 Ford coupe, and several street rods.
And don't worry about taking over my thread. We may be able to do some trading......that is why it's called a swap meet LOL! Thanks again for sharing your memories!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Did you find a green 61 Cadillac like the one in the upper right corner? That's Jimmie Vaughan's car, built and painted by Gary Howard ( in a 2 car garage! ). I know Jimmie well and have seen the car a few times. Somewhere I have pictures I took ......that's what happens when you move several times in 3 years. I have a couple copies of the May 1999 Custom Rodder magazine it was on the cover of, and the #4 issue of Rodders Journal that it was featured in ( along with the GB&P dragster IIRC). Hopefully this fall, Lone Star Roundup will resume in Austin, Texas and he'll have several of his cars there. He started with the lavender 51 Chevy, and then built the yellow 63 Riviera. The Cadillac was his 3rd car, and first radical custom. He also has a very subtle 54 Ford coupe, and several street rods.
And don't worry about taking over my thread. We may be able to do some trading......that is why it's called a swap meet LOL! Thanks again for sharing your memories!

Jimmy Vaughn. Fabulous Thunderbirds. ...and yet, he drives a Cadillac!
Have a couple of their albums on the shop's playlist! Pretty cool that you know him.
The 1/18 Caddy is one of the two I need. Have it in 1/64.
Try finding a 1/18 or 1/24 Mooneyes Streamliner. Yeesh. Just not out there.

Check this. Not a H/W & kinda pricey, but it looks pretty good. Thought you might be interested. But it's a Tahoe.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1st-Generat...933742?hash=item28abad00ee:g:gwEAAOSwkiZgSyUS

Seeing as this is about trucks, I have 2 of these. Not Chevys though.
I've been out of the collecting for about 15 years & just didn't realize how much values have gone up!
I bought 2 of these over 20 years ago. One for $75.00 & the other for $125.00. Figured that was a fair chunk o'change for them at the time.
I just happened to see one for sale today. In The Netherlands.
The only one on Ebay, worldwide.
With shipping, $375.00 US! $450.00Cdn!
...and it has a busted D/S mirror & paint chips!
Mine are factory fresh in their boxes including all the paperwork.
WoW!

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you send a picture of the back of the card on the Zamac one, the alpha numeric codes printed on the hang tab/ hook? That tells what assortment a hot wheels basic car is out of. Thanks!

The Zamac Syclone just showed up, looks like the hang tag numbers are GTD19-M9C0F. There's also a very small PP-T below that.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
The Zamac Syclone just showed up, looks like the hang tag numbers are GTD19-M9C0F. There's also a very small PP-T below that.

OK cool thanks! This one is from a domestic ( USA) case, which is what Walmart gets. The Zamac cars are Walmart exclusives. The last digit in the big sequence of numbers and letters is an F. That is the case code. This car is in the F case domestic assortment.
Many times, a given vehicle is only in 1 or 2 case assortments. The Zamac cars are only in 1 assortment. Some castings have been reused in different years.
And that's the HW nerd news flash for today!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Jimmy Vaughn. Fabulous Thunderbirds. ...and yet, he drives a Cadillac!
Have a couple of their albums on the shop's playlist! Pretty cool that you know him.
The 1/18 Caddy is one of the two I need. Have it in 1/64.
Try finding a 1/18 or 1/24 Mooneyes Streamliner. Yeesh. Just not out there.

Check this. Not a H/W & kinda pricey, but it looks pretty good. Thought you might be interested. But it's a Tahoe.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1st-Generat...933742?hash=item28abad00ee:g:gwEAAOSwkiZgSyUS

Seeing as this is about trucks, I have 2 of these. Not Chevys though.
I've been out of the collecting for about 15 years & just didn't realize how much values have gone up!
I bought 2 of these over 20 years ago. One for $75.00 & the other for $125.00. Figured that was a fair chunk o'change for them at the time.
I just happened to see one for sale today. In The Netherlands.
The only one on Ebay, worldwide.
With shipping, $375.00 US! $450.00Cdn!
...and it has a busted D/S mirror & paint chips!
Mine are factory fresh in their boxes including all the paperwork.
WoW!

Those might be unpackaged Johnny Lightning. They did do a civilian Tahoe in their Classic Gold line. Very hard to find! The only JL Tahoes I have right now are the demolition derby ones, so they have different wheels and paint. I'll keep looking for any 400 toys and diecast though ( for personal collection and to sell).

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
If anyone else is interested in Jimmie Vaughan's cars and music ( Fabulous Thunderbirds and solo music), there's a bunch of stuff on YouTube. Just saw a piece from Blues Kitchen and another thing filmed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK 11 years ago. The green 61 Cadillac is there, and y'all might enjoy the show. (BTW the lady dancing and holding the microphone is Mrs.V)

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Jimmie V is also a 400 truck guy. Here's pictures of the ones he's had( the black truck is a model I built a long time ago, of the truck he had. He saw it and loved it and this diorama!)
I had pix of the actual truck, but can't find them.

It's black with orange flames, original truck painted by Rod Powell.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Look who he hangs with!
A couple of guys that probably know as much about vehicles as they do guitars.
Jeff Beck with one of his '32's & The Rev. Billy F. with Cadzilla!
...behind that green Cadillac.
Billy Gibbons & J.V. have been friends since they were both 17!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Yep! Never had the opportunity to meet Jeff Beck, but I have talked to Billy Gibbons a few times. I have a few stories about seeing him different places, like the Lone Star Roundup in Austin, Texas, and at Jimmie's 50th birthday party at Antone's in Austin. 20 years ago....makes me feel middle aged. J.V. just turned 70 a week ago. I haven't talked to him in a couple years, but when I see him, we'll pick up where we left off, no doubt. Always have; he's a good friend!
The black dually ended up with his manager ( before his last divorce), not sure about the white one. He bought them to haul his cars to shows in California. Now I think he has someone who does that. In the Before Times, I think he kinda worked the gig schedule around his family.