Toy trucks for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you find any more of the Zamac syclone or the blue and silver one, I'd be up to some trading.....

I actually just got one of each but I've got a bid in on a whole set of the ZAMAC cars on eBay. If I win it I'll let you know!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you send a picture of the back of the card on the Zamac one, the alpha numeric codes printed on the hang tab/ hook? That tells what assortment a hot wheels basic car is out of. Thanks!

Sorry I just saw this edit, I can definitely do that once it shows up. I just bought it on eBay earlier today, that last picture was from Google.

I also scored a '96 K-Mart exclusive "Thunder Trucks" 4-pack, which has some really cool Chevy 1500s. Plus a Canadian Tire 3500 dually.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Sorry I just saw this edit, I can definitely do that once it shows up. I just bought it on eBay earlier today, that last picture was from Google.

I also scored a '96 K-Mart exclusive "Thunder Trucks" 4-pack, which has some really cool Chevy 1500s. Plus a Canadian Tire 3500 dually.
Wow, I'd like to see that!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, I'd like to see that!

Here's a couple more Google image results, I can share pics of the actual ones I got once they show up.

Canadian Tire 3500:
You must be registered for see images attach

Thunder Trucks 4-Pack:

Sorry for derailing your for sale thread, I can post this stuff elsewhere if you'd prefer.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Here's a couple more Google image results, I can share pics of the actual ones I got once they show up.

Canadian Tire 3500:

Thunder Trucks 4-Pack:

Sorry for derailing your for sale thread, I can post this stuff elsewhere if you'd prefer.
No, that's fine, I didn't know about these and now I have an idea of what to hunt for. Sometimes people break up these sets and the loose cars end up on the secondary market.
The blue 96 400 pickup is from the Hot Wheels Race Team set, and the gray Dodge pickup is from the Race Trucks set. From 97 or 98 IIRC. Other 2 trucks are likely exclusive to this set.
I got the purple duallys that I posted from guys at the show yesterday, and put out the word that I'm looking for the HW and MB 80s and 90s trucks.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, that's fine, I didn't know about these and now I have an idea of what to hunt for. Sometimes people break up these sets and the loose cars end up on the secondary market.

That's exactly how I found that Thunder Trucks set. I saw a loose one of the black and red Chevy 1500s for sale and wondered where it came from. So I Googled around a little and found this:

https://hotwheels.fandom.com/wiki/Chevy_1500

That website is really cool. It's not super up to date with the most recent releases but there's a lot of good info there.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
That's exactly how I found that Thunder Trucks set. I saw a loose one of the black and red Chevy 1500s for sale and wondered where it came from. So I Googled around a little and found this:

https://hotwheels.fandom.com/wiki/Chevy_1500

That website is really cool. It's not super up yto date with the most recent releases but there's a lot of good info there.
Just checked this out, learned some stuff! There's a little difference between the Kmart blue truck and the race team one. Back when they were out, I had the Christmas one( long gone now though). I would agree that the 2018 centennial series is the last time it was out.
Thanks!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
More square trucks.....

Yellow Path Beater: $8; loose brown metallic trucks $7 each, carded one is $9.

Greenlight monster trucks, a Chevy and a GMC, $10 each or both for $18.

Final Run brown truck is $8, the loose blue and white one is $10(it's mint!); the black centennial series one is $12. Camo one is $5. Quantity in pictures is what I have currently available. Thanks!

Remember, $25 or larger order, free shipping! ( I had to go up cause the USPS went up, sorry....)

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
A bud & I had an ebay site selling HotWheels for 7 or 8 years.
We started it just to finance our own collections.
But our sales just kept getting larger & larger. Got to the point where we were listing 100 cars a week!
The auctions all started at $.99.
One CrackerBox boat sold for $121.10! We had 17 more! After that first sale, the rest of those sold in the $50.00-$65.00 range. The '56 Apache or the El Camino that came in that set would go for $10.00- $15.00 each. We bought those 18 sets for $6.00 each!
We had one guy with a standing order. Whatever we didn't sell over the week, he'd buy, along with all the empty display cases. What was weird is that he was in Hong Kong. ...where they make HotWheels!
We stuck mostly to the numbered limited edition adult collectible versions, along with zamacs, treasure hunts, redlines, promotionals, & factory single/double/triple flawed.
Hot Wheels Collectors Club mail-away cars.
Hong Kong Special Editions.
Original 16's from '68. I have a complete minty set.
Mattel Employee Association (MEA) Dinner & Dance editions.
Convention cars.

I have an unopened track set with the Skyshow Deora. Super rare. That Deora only came in that set. Found at a garage sale. The lady wanted $10.00. She had no idea. I couldn't steal it from her for that, so I shot her $100.00. I figure that even for that, I got a smokin' deal!
I have a minty loose Skyshow Fleetside too, with the plane.
Also, a '55 Chevy Gasser. 'Candy Stripper'. One of those just sold for $1,175.00!
A no-sun-roof beetle. Last one on ebay went for $2600.00 on a buy-it-now within minutes of it being listed.
An absolutely trashed '69 Red Baron with a white interior. Found it at a thrift store. One of those in slightly better condition than mine sold for...$7500.00 in 2018! I got mine for $1.00.
I'd love to have a Beach Bomb with the rear-loading surfboards, (Not the side-loaded) but the $$$ those are going for, along with the Mighty Maverick, is stupidly insane. $15,000.00 for the Maverick? $100,000.00 for a pink rear-loading Beach Bomb? I've spent stupid amounts on HotWheels, but even I have my limits!

We were buying cases at a time.
A whole case of recalled 1/18 Batmobiles along with the redesigned 'child-safe' fin conversion kits.
1000 McDonalds cars still in their plastic packs. (I kept all the 427 A.C. Cobras!)
We lucked out & got to know a couple of current & former Mattel employees that sold us many pre-production models that were issued only to the upper HotWheels staff. ('The Suits') Usually the run of those was around a dozen. Most had paint jobs & tampos that the public was never meant to see.
We had one guy that made customized Drag Buses specifically for our site, too.
For a while I was customizing W-Oozies. I bought 200 of them one time. Think I probably have around 30-35 left. I got the 200 at once for $.50 each. Some of my custom ones sold for $50.00 each!
More than a few times, we made enough $$$ to cover each of our rents!
I still have hundreds & hundreds that I've held back for my own collection.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
A bud & I had an ebay site selling HotWheels for 7 or 8 years.
We started it just to finance our own collections.
But our sales just kept getting larger & larger. Got to the point where we were listing 100 cars a week!
The auctions all started at $.99.
One CrackerBox boat sold for $121.10! We had 17 more! After that first sale, the rest of those sold in the $50.00-$65.00 range. The '56 Apache or the El Camino that came in that set would go for $10.00- $15.00 each. We bought those 18 sets for $6.00 each!
We had one guy with a standing order. Whatever we didn't sell over the week, he'd buy, along with all the empty display cases. What was weird is that he was in Hong Kong. ...where they make HotWheels!
We stuck mostly to the numbered limited edition adult collectible versions, along with zamacs, treasure hunts, redlines, promotionals, & factory single/double/triple flawed.
Hot Wheels Collectors Club mail-away cars.
Hong Kong Special Editions.
Original 16's from '68. I have a complete minty set.
Mattel Employee Association (MEA) Dinner & Dance editions.
Convention cars.

I have an unopened track set with the Skyshow Deora. Super rare. That Deora only came in that set. Found at a garage sale. The lady wanted $10.00. She had no idea. I couldn't steal it from her for that, so I shot her $100.00. I figure that even for that, I got a smokin' deal!
I have a minty loose Skyshow Fleetside too, with the plane.
Also, a '55 Chevy Gasser. 'Candy Stripper'. One of those just sold for $1,175.00!
A no-sun-roof beetle. Last one on ebay went for $2600.00 on a buy-it-now within minutes of it being listed.
An absolutely trashed '69 Red Baron with a white interior. Found it at a thrift store. One of those in slightly better condition than mine sold for...$7500.00 in 2018! I got mine for $1.00.
I'd love to have a Beach Bomb with the rear-loading surfboards, (Not the side-loaded) but the $$$ those are going for, along with the Mighty Maverick, is stupidly insane. $15,000.00 for the Maverick? $100,000.00 for a pink rear-loading Beach Bomb? I've spent stupid amounts on HotWheels, but even I have my limits!

We were buying cases at a time.
A whole case of recalled 1/18 Batmobiles along with the redesigned 'child-safe' fin conversion kits.
1000 McDonalds cars still in their plastic packs. (I kept all the 427 A.C. Cobras!)
We lucked out & got to know a couple of current & former Mattel employees that sold us many pre-production models that were issued only to the upper HotWheels staff. ('The Suits') Usually the run of those was around a dozen. Most had paint jobs & tampos that the public was never meant to see.
We had one guy that made customized Drag Buses specifically for our site, too.
For a while I was customizing W-Oozies. I bought 200 of them one time. Think I probably have around 30-35 left. I got the 200 at once for $.50 each. Some of my custom ones sold for $50.00 each!
More than a few times, we made enough $$$ to cover each of our rents!
I still have hundreds & hundreds that I've held back for my own collection.
Wow! Sounds like you would fit in well in our local group, if you ever were to venture down south. That's one of the things I enjoy about it, is hearing everyone's stories. And it's cool to see things like convention cars, old stuff like redlines and other stuff you don't ordinarily run across.
I was able to find 3 super treasure hunts recently, and sold them and 1 I'd gotten in a trade last year, at the show Saturday. Needed the $ to put back in the "truck parts fund" that we keep having to dip into for living expenses. I used to do more shows, but there were more shows before covid....
Thanks for sharing your memories!