Toy trucks for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looky what showed up at my house today....
Smooth transaction. Well packaged and promptly shipped, arrived exactly as advertised.
Buy from @HotWheelsBurban with confidence fam.

You must be registered for see images attach

So it's your fault I had to find another one of those blue C3500s on eBay. :lol:

That was the one that originally made me want to buy some of these in this thread, it was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I know I still have it somewhere but I wanted one new in the package.

So now here we are, I've bought eight Hot Wheels cars for myself as a grown man in the past week. Some of the newer stuff is really cool!

Are the chassis plates on these correct for 4x4? Haven't had one in my hand to look at.

I'm honestly not sure, I can pull it out of the package and check.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Years ago, maybe in 2004 (it shows copyright 2004 on the back), when I was working for Werner Ladder, the company sponsored Brandon Whitt in NASCAR Truck Series for 1 year. They handed out some of these to some of us. It's been sitting in a drawer in my end table ever since. Does anyone collect these things made by RC2 Corporation (a Japanese co)?

Please don't hate me for posting a picture of a Ford:eek:

You must be registered for see images attach

That is really cool. The NASCAR/Craftsman Truck Series were some of my favorite races to watch when I was younger. I used to tape them on VHS if I was at school or otherwise away from home.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If @HotWheelsBurban still has the other dually, buy it and we'll trade. I just wanted a dually, I'm not attached to this one especially.

I already bought it, and the other blue one from eBay. :lol: All good!

I got the two Syclones and the purple "Jerry's Electric" dually from HotWheelsBurban. I'm actually pretty excited about the purple one because it's a color variation I never remember seeing in stores when I was younger.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I already bought it, and the other blue one from eBay. :lol: All good!

I got the two Syclones and the purple "Jerry's Electric" dually from HotWheelsBurban. I'm actually pretty excited about the purple one because it's a color variation I never remember seeing in stores when I was younger.
Sometimes color variations are different store exclusives. A few years ago, the orange FRAM 83 Silverado had a white version ( basically the graphics reverse colors and the truck was painted white instead of orange) that was only available at Toys R Us. K mart used to have a quarterly K Day where they'd have exclusive color variants on certain cars for that event, and have the latest cases out. Kroger has kinda taken that over, but you also have Target retro and red editions, that are different paint or graphics. And the Walmart has sets done for them also ( the Pixar S10 pickup in a previous post is one example). These sets also include the Chevrolet truck centennial from 2018 ( the 96 race truck is from this one) and a new Cadillac set in Matchbox for this year. That one has a '15 Escalade and a new casting of a 75 Eldorado convertible.
And sometimes the different versions are 5 pack exclusives, like the blue and white 83 Silverado. I think there's a C3500 dually like that, besides the turquoise one in the Speed Blur 5 pack. And the dually and 83 Silverado both have metal bodies, so they can be stripped and repainted. I know several guys in the local diecast group that do this, even going so far as making and selling custom decals. Wheel swapping is common too.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sometimes color variations are different store exclusives. A few years ago, the orange FRAM 83 Silverado had a white version ( basically the graphics reverse colors and the truck was painted white instead of orange) that was only available at Toys R Us. K mart used to have a quarterly K Day where they'd have exclusive color variants on certain cars for that event, and have the latest cases out. Kroger has kinda taken that over, but you also have Target retro and red editions, that are different paint or graphics. And the Walmart has sets done for them also ( the Pixar S10 pickup in a previous post is one example). These sets also include the Chevrolet truck centennial from 2018 ( the 96 race truck is from this one) and a new Cadillac set in Matchbox for this year. That one has a '15 Escalade and a new casting of a 75 Eldorado convertible.
And sometimes the different versions are 5 pack exclusives, like the blue and white 83 Silverado. I think there's a C3500 dually like that, besides the turquoise one in the Speed Blur 5 pack. And the dually and 83 Silverado both have metal bodies, so they can be stripped and repainted. I know several guys in the local diecast group that do this, even going so far as making and selling custom decals. Wheel swapping is common too.

Since we're chatting about variations and general oddities, I stumbled across something while looking for some cars on eBay that for some reason I never even considered. Apparently there are "error cars" that slip through QC once in a while and make it onto shelves. I found one of those blue C3500s without any of the stripes, just a solid blue. Same number on the packaging. Also found one with a rear wheel that got put on backwards.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Since we're chatting about variations and general oddities, I stumbled across something while looking for some cars on eBay that for some reason I never even considered. Apparently there are "error cars" that slip through QC once in a while and make it onto shelves. I found one of those blue C3500s without any of the stripes, just a solid blue. Same number on the packaging. Also found one with a rear wheel that got put on backwards.
Yup they do mess up sometimes, and it DOES get past QC sometimes. Those are keepers.BUT... I will say this: there are scumbags that fake errors to screw people outta money. There are ways to get the blister pack open and reseal it without it being very obvious, and ways of taking the graphics off or " changing " a wheel. Just inspect it carefully if possible before spending $$$. Or just buy from reputable sources. I've seen some weird stuff out there.....
There's also a legitimate factory variation on the blue/green/real C3500 first edition, that has a noticeable thinner purple "swish" stripe on the side. I think it's the early production ones, never found one in the store, but seen a few online. Usually more expensive than the regular thick stripe one that I had.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I'm not gonna get that deep into the collector thing to be taken advantage of like that, I'm buying stuff I think is cool, not as an investment.
Best way to do it! Get what you like, I'm the same way. I just wanted to put it out there for general information.