Towing with sbc 350!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dAT OBS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my '94 GMC k1500 (3.73 gears, tow package) in '16, spent 3 years trying to tow with it, making improvements constantly, 2- 4" direct air intakes, MSD adjustable timeing control, dual exhaust (no cats), Fastchip. Nothing worked too good, kept cracking exhaust manifolds because I liked blasting up mountain passes in 2nd up to 4,000 rpm. So, replaced it last October with a 383 stroker. Now that is an engine for towing. Can tow a 5,000 lb travel trailer in 4th, has oodles of torque. Right now Old EFi is tweaking a chip for me using TunerPro RT. Got the remanufactured engine from S&J engines in Spokane for $2300 with roller cam, can't beat that. Now I can go as fast as I want when I want, but always keep it around 65 mph for the sake of the trailer tires and safety.

Have to love the nice 383 especially roller cam

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought my '94 GMC k1500 (3.73 gears, tow package) in '16, spent 3 years trying to tow with it, making improvements constantly, 2- 4" direct air intakes, MSD adjustable timeing control, dual exhaust (no cats), Fastchip. Nothing worked too good, kept cracking exhaust manifolds because I liked blasting up mountain passes in 2nd up to 4,000 rpm. So, replaced it last October with a 383 stroker. Now that is an engine for towing. Can tow a 5,000 lb travel trailer in 4th, has oodles of torque. Right now Old EFi is tweaking a chip for me using TunerPro RT. Got the remanufactured engine from S&J engines in Spokane for $2300 with roller cam, can't beat that. Now I can go as fast as I want when I want, but always keep it around 65 mph for the sake of the trailer tires and safety.

thinking that's my next engine. What about the trans? How's it standing up?
Do you have ballpark specs on the 383?

Reaction score
Just posted these in the members truck section but I'll drop them here too.

My new tow rig. 2000 3500 sierra with a 350ci from the factory and 198k miles. Practically a base model with champaign paint but this things a beast!

4.10's, air shocks, lights everywhere and has what i was told to be a built 700r4

You must be registered for see images attach

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just posted these in the members truck section but I'll drop them here too.

My new tow rig. 2000 3500 sierra with a 350ci from the factory and 198k miles. Practically a base model with champaign paint but this things a beast!

4.10's, air shocks, lights everywhere and has what i was told to be a built 700r4

Nice looking truck! Someone swapped a 4L80e for 700R4?