Towing with 33” tires versus 35” tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- Change the PE enable thresholds to enable PE based on MAP and not, as from the factory, throttle position. Enabling PE at or around 6-8" of vacuum (6" of vacuum corresponds to MAP of 80, 8" of vacuum --> MAP of 73... at least at lower altitudes) works pretty well, and follows the old practice of enabling "power mode" on a carburetor at those vacuum levels.
which B36xx setting is this change done too accomplish this

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which B36xx setting is this change done too accomplish this

I've made the changes using JET's DST. With that, there are some tables in the GUI where the values can be modified.

"B36xx"... I'm drawing a blank on that terminology :oops:

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've made the changes using JET's DST. With that, there are some tables in the GUI where the values can be modified.

"B36xx"... I'm drawing a blank on that terminology :oops:
im learning myself, so i may not know all the ins and outs of all the different software's and what is the same and different.

im using tunerPro, there is a setting called "PE MAP threshold", which will enable PE above what pressure you set. does this sound like an equivalent setting. there is another settings "normal PE enable mode" which only enable with TPS at above 90.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im learning myself, so i may not know all the ins and outs of all the different software's and what is the same and different.

im using tunerPro, there is a setting called "PE MAP threshold", which will enable PE above what pressure you set. does this sound like an equivalent setting. there is another settings "normal PE enable mode" which only enable with TPS at above 90.

That sounds like the table; post it here, so we can see it.

Others like @Supercharged111 or @L31MaxExpress (to name but two) might recognized what you speak of.

I don't have my "tuner" laptop nearby, otherwise I would post a picture of what the table contains, as provided by JET's DST.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If both thresholds must be met, then you'd just set the TPS one down to zero or something really low so all that's waiting to be triggered is the MAP threshold. I like the TPS threshold as I can hit PE just before a 4-3 downshift. Make sure the PE delay is zeroed out too, some trucks had a 60 second delay stock.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like the table; post it here, so we can see it.

Others like @Supercharged111 or @L31MaxExpress (to name but two) might recognized what you speak of.

I don't have my "tuner" laptop nearby, otherwise I would post a picture of what the table contains, as provided by JET's DST.
Be gentle interwebs, i know its a screen shot of a monitor, my surface pro keyboard is broken. Too much hassle to do it with a screen keyboard

Attachments

• IMG_9206.jpeg
    IMG_9206.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9208.jpeg
    IMG_9208.jpeg
    510.8 KB · Views: 6

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Be gentle interwebs, i know its a screen shot of a monitor, my surface pro keyboard is broken. Too much hassle to do it with a screen keyboard

Those are the 2 in question. The PE delay is probably above where you are in the second screenshot. Don't forget to kill BTM below the PE stuff as well.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If both thresholds must be met, then you'd just set the TPS one down to zero or something really low so all that's waiting to be triggered is the MAP threshold. I like the TPS threshold as I can hit PE just before a 4-3 downshift. Make sure the PE delay is zeroed out too, some trucks had a 60 second delay stock.

Isn't there an RPM threshold too... or is that overcome by setting the PE delay to zero?

(edit) I think the answer is it's "overcome by setting the PE delay to zero".