Towing my tractor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lowbuck1010

Reaction score
I’ll have to make this trip with the truck as is, but will be watching the pick-n-pull for a full floating 14 bolt with 4.10s. It wont solve everything but will surely be an improvemen.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll have to make this trip with the truck as is, but will be watching the pick-n-pull for a full floating 14 bolt with 4.10s. It wont solve everything but will surely be an improvemen.

You don't need a full floater for that load, a 6 lug 9.5" 4.10 will get it done just fine.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only issue if the big tractor was on the back, it would be lifting the tongue up due to the 3-point hitch on the back of the little tractor. The big tractor will hanging too far back of the pivot point of the tandem axles. Maybe if the small one was backed up so the hitch hung out the front of the trailer (may have an issue turning though)?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The only issue if the big tractor was on the back, it would be lifting the tongue up due to the 3-point hitch on the back of the little tractor. The big tractor will hanging too far back of the pivot point of the tandem axles. Maybe if the small one was backed up so the hitch hung out the front of the trailer (may have an issue turning though)?

Looking at the pic I think he could have made it work.

Lowbuck1010

Reaction score
Well, for what it’s worth, I didn’t feel it fish tailing. It drove fairly steady but just didn’t have a ton of power. A switch to a 400 SBC and 4:10s would make it much nicer, but for now, it will do.