Tow package - white wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
the one that's the same gauge as the others... according to the pic above it's dark green...

the heavier gauge green wire is a part of the 7 way package. it carries a reverse signal which can be used for reverse lights but its commonly used to turn off the electric brakes while reversing.

if you have a multimeter or a test light you can double check to verify.

Last edited:

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the one that's the same gauge as the others... according to the pic above it's dark green...

the heavier gauge green wire is a part of the 7 way package. it carries a reverse signal which can he used for reverse lights but its commonly used to turn off the electric brakes while reversing.
so
white to ground (on frame?)
brown to brown
yellow to yellow
lime green to lime green?
what do I do with the teal looking one? close that one off?

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes... I would double wall shrink wrap it up BUT verify everything before you actually button it up. I solder and double wall shrink wrap everything up like this.
Wait a second, what about the white on the connector end? Do I solder that to the thick white coming out of the truck?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Green right turn
Yellow left turn
Brown running lights
White ground
Which green
The best way to know 100% for sure, is to test the wires on the truck with a test light. If you don't have a test light, your local auto parts store has them for about $10. A test light will show the flashing of the blinker. If you use a test light, there is no mistake as to what is what.