Tourque spec 96-00 upper intake 5.7 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know ware I can find the torque spec and pattern for the upper intake on a 5.7 vortec I have to replace fuel pressure regulator and can’t find this in Hayens thank you for any help

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
Installation procedure calls for 44 in-lbs on the first pass, then 88 in-lbs on the second pass.

Also included the lower intake pattern just for fun which get's torqued to 72 in-lbs first pass, and 10 ft-lbs on the second

Attachments

• Upper Intake.gif
    Upper Intake.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Lower Manifold.gif
    Lower Manifold.gif
    45.2 KB · Views: 125

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did
Installation procedure calls for 44 in-lbs on the first pass, then 88 in-lbs on the second pass.

Also included the lower intake pattern just for fun which get's torqued to 72 in-lbs first pass, and 10 ft-lbs on the second
did you ever pull an upper intake on one of these doesn’t seem to bad I guess

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
Did

did you ever pull an upper intake on one of these doesn’t seem to bad I guess
Yeah. I pulled the lower intake with the engine still in the truck once. I have mad respect for guys that do cam swaps without removing their engines lol. Things get a little tight at the back of the engine but it's not that bad overall. Upper intake coming off is really easy imo.

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. I pulled the lower intake with the engine still in the truck once. I have mad respect for guys that do cam swaps without removing their engines lol. Things get a little tight at the back of the engine but it's not that bad overall. Upper intake coming off is really easy imo.
Ya I pulled it today what do you know about the fuel pressure key on ignition off I’m at 45 psi and it drops to 40 psi it’s gotta be the fuel pump but it starts and runs fine

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haynes is good, better is the service and unit repair manuals are all here, complete, OE original, in pdf format, and free to download. Never have that " hmm is that really how that goes ?" , Iffy thoughts.
From the poeple that designed, engineered, and built it! Good luck.