TOTM questions and coments thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no opinion other than uploading videos for some might not be an option. Could leave them feeling disadvantaged. :Nonono:
I disagree. Even most cheap phones have the capability to record video. It's a willingness hurdle, not a money hurdle. As far as the technical knowledge required, it doesn't take much to record a video clip. The editing is what takes time and experience.

As it is, way too many of the TOTM entries are a single pic and a single sentence. I'd like to see more from the entrants. Maybe inviting one video would help?

I would limit it to one video and five pics. How about asking for a minimum of three pics? It doesn't have to be policed, just ask for at least three pics.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, I don’t care, and I’m not against the videos. I got my sticker. I’ve just seen some that don’t/won’t get that far on their phones. They have zero interest in creating a YouTube account. I totally understand that too.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, IMO, I think I will go with up to 5 pics, and 1 video, no more than 60 seconds long. None of this is mandatory. If anyone doesn't want to post a video, that's good too. A short story about the truck, is always good, and the more pics the better, but I don't want to put down to many limits. I have been asked by several members to bring back the categories. I guess I can start doing that in January. Also I will do a truck of the year, in January, for this year. All 2022, TOTM winners will be listed for voting in January. So there will be a TOTM for January, and a truck of the year also in January. The prizes for truck of the year, will take a little longer to get together, BC I just need 1 sticker, and IDK something else. So I guess I can open up the TOTY January 1st, and run the voting for 2 weeks. That way, TOTY, and TOTM don't conflict with voting.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
How much longer do we have to enter? I want to enter the Burb since it's been all fixed up, but we won't have it back till Monday. Thanks!