TOTM questions and coments thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
no offense, @kennythewelder
but from previous discussions weren't there going to be original and modifed catigories?
they are very different imo.
feel free to move my post somewhere else.
thx.
Well, with no more nominations than what are being posted, I may just open it up to all members unless we get more participation. It doesn't look like the categories are going to work.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
weren't there going to be original and modifed catigories?
they are very different imo.
I get it but, what is the difference between original and modified? When I was reading the discussion, I thought "Survivors" as apposed to maybe "Refreshed and/or Restored". If that were the case, honestly, up until 4 years ago mine was a "Survivor" now, I'd call it "Refreshed". Whatever you guys wanna do, I'm down for it :33:

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get it but, what is the difference between original and modified? When I was reading the discussion, I thought "Survivors" as apposed to maybe "Refreshed and/or Restored". If that were the case, honestly, up until 4 years ago mine was a "Survivor" now, I'd call it "Refreshed". Whatever you guys wanna do, I'm down for it :33:

new catagory, kenny and company have enough work already so appreciate getting the ball rolling, and it looks great :)

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
TOTM Entry, My Go-Get Mobile
I bought my 88 C1500 Silverado in 2002 when we decided to move from Los Banos CA to Merced CA. After that I just used it to make dump runs or to go get lumber/stuff from Lowe's. Most of the time it just sat outside under a liquid amber tree in the back yard. I brought it with me to the Phoenix AZ area when we moved here in 2008. In 2016 it started overheating due to blown head gaskets. That's when I decided to rebuild the top end of the engine with some go fast parts. Among other parts, I installed (from top to tail pipe) a bored out 46mm throttle body with AFPR (running @20 PSI) and gauge, Edelbrock Performer 3704 intake manifold, polished aluminum valve covers, Lunati Voodoo cam, 1.6 full roller rockers, shorty headers, mandrel bent Y pipe, WBO2 sensor and EBL Flash-II ECM, 3" full flow CAT, and a 3" Borla Pro XS straight through muffler - sounds nice with a smooth rumble :waytogo:I also installed a "Stage 2" 600HP 700R4 trans with a 2500 stall TC, and 4.11 gears running 275/60R15s on all 4 corners.
You must be registered for see images attach

I painted the doors and dash with SEM Color Coat, installed the Dakota Digital dash, Pioneer radio and a Pyle 10" sub, and new bucket seat.

Here's a better view of the seats. Someday I may think about dying them blue.

I had the windows tinted with 35% on the sides, 5% (limo tint) the American Flag on the rear window, LED tail lights, Historic plate and emissions exempt.

Here it is with new metallic paint, grille, front bumper, bump strips, emblems, wheel arches, bumper covers, and Lund Tonneau cover with Bushwacker bed rail caps.

I'd love to show a front view but ran out of the allotted amount of pics :(

Any questions or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this!
That is very sharp looking truck, I see you've done a lot more to it than just refinishing! I personally like the gray seats with the two tone blue door panels. I remember 60s,70s and 80s GM and Mopar vehicles in our family with blue interiors; faded quickly to many different shades, none good! I also remember my dad's 75 Sierra Classic, more shades of green inside than an Irish landscape! Willoway green( like mint green)and white outside

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it would be helpful to know what all the categories are going to be so that we know where our trucks will fit best.
Also, you only opened it up yesterday Kenny, give it a minute!
The categories are this.
January 2wd c1500 trucks.
February 4x4 k1500 trucks
March long roof guys and gals, Burns, Tahoe's, Yukons, and Blazers.
April HD trucks 2500 3500, EXT.
After that I'm not sure, and would be open for suggestions. I'm sure I will rerun the categories in time.

Last edited: