TOTM questions and coments thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Expanding on @HotWheelsBurban , "Trucks doing work" . All images have to include work being done, whether it's loaded down with stuff in the bed, or pulling a trailer, etc.
I have limited everyone to 1 post per vehicle. I know it's only 5 pics, but if I let everyone post more than 1 post per vehicle, we will end up with someone with 20 plus pics, or something like that. Also, I can't get to specific on who can nominate there vehicles. If I do, we won't have enough pertisapation. So far, the catagories have worked out well. Maybe in June, I will do a beater thread, IDK yet.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It got my vote, but it wasn't an easy decision.
Totally agree, from trucks with serious upgrades to some high mileage BUT serious history, which is cool too! I like the ideas for May too, although I’ll not enter being happy enough with February. Again, thanks all. :hail:

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I have limited everyone to 1 post per vehicle. I know it's only 5 pics, but if I let everyone post more than 1 post per vehicle, we will end up with someone with 20 plus pics, or something like that. Also, I can't get to specific on who can nominate there vehicles. If I do, we won't have enough pertisapation. So far, the catagories have worked out well. Maybe in June, I will do a beater thread, IDK yet.
You wouldn't have to change what you're doing already. Still a 5 pic limit, but those 5 pics would have to show your truck doing work, whatever it may be.

Just a thought, and wanted to clarify what I meant. Either way, I'm digging what's been going on so far.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yup! Still have one!
Nope. Didn't get a replacement for the '97. Tough to find one comparable at a decent dollar these days. After that one, I'm fussy & that equals stupid bucks in today's market.
The '98 IS getting spruced up. The receiving end of the insurance bucks from the '97.
But it's been tough to get on it, between the fires, floods, mudslides. The Sat. dish taken out 2x in the last 4 months, & now F'n stupid cold temps freezing not only the water intake lines to the house, but also the lines to the cistern from the creek AND the 750gal. cistern itself(!) 400' up the hill, was frozen damn near solid.
The mud took out the power to the cistern shed. So no heater nor heat to the lines. Caught too late. Didn't know know the power was out up there till we needed it! We had water. Why check? Doh!
This B.S. system is getting the big fix this spring.
And then...we were snowed in for 10 days. Melting snow in the bathtub just so we could at least flush (!!!)
I can get outa here no problem. But am I getting back?
The main road is 1.5 miles away at 50' above sea level.
We're at 997'. Something like an average of an 11.5% grade.
17 corners.
Only 2 houses higher up the mountain. Rain in the valley? Snow up here. Their clouds = our fog.
Are your lines insulated? Not with Home Depot stuff but with ssl knauf or johns-manville or owens corning fiberglass? I’m a skilled tradesmen in heat & frost insulation trade. But that would help on both sides of the spectrum of weather hot n cold.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Question So if I was to win totm do I/we aka the winner get to pick a color? since I seen you had some different colors and looked like color-shifting color also? I’d like mine to be chrome when the day comes that I made first place.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Question So if I was to win totm do I/we aka the winner get to pick a color? since I seen you had some different colors and looked like color-shifting color also? I’d like mine to be chrome when the day comes that I made first place.
LOL, you have to win first. But, yes you can choose any 1 of the 4 that I have. I PM the winner, get there mailing address, and give them the choice on 1 of 4 . The stickers you see in the first post in the nomination thread, is what I have.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok kool yeah I’m pretty sure I’m not winning this month but there’s great rides so nobody loses!!!
You stand as good of a chance as anybody else does. It's all up to the forum members who vote. Your Escalade is a nice gmt400, no dought. Good luck. Also, I started showing my truck about a year are so ago. It amazes me, what kind of reactions I get with my truck. Hell, I have even won 2- 3ed place trophys in 2 different car and truck shows. Got to love it.