Torsion screw mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Surgeon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm. my k2500 with oversized front tires rubs only the left front when I do the same sharp right turn.

I think the bumper brace is being rubbed, and I was planning to clearance it... I see a rub mark on the outer edge of the tread...

First I was planning to "flag it" with some tape to indicate where actual contact is.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What would the fix even be for that?…
If and only if the setback is found to be off, you might have a little wiggle room in the existing holes. Have the alignment guy try loosening them, and with a prybar, try to move them while it's on the alignment rack.

In an extreme case, you would have to reremove the offending LCA and slot the hole in the frame, allowing the LCA to be adjusted. Just like the slots in the frame at the cam bolts at the UCA...

Before anyone thinks that isn't gonna work, be aware that is how to F1S0s are aligned from OE. Without any cam or lock washer...

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better to measure fender height before and after, or Z height of you want to get fancy.
Start with measuring "Z" height.

That may/may not be the problem, but ride height and tire pressure are the beginning of an alignment job; followed closely by verifying that the steering/suspension parts aren't worn-out.