Torque converter issue on 95 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Whenever a 4l60e starts acting up after an R&R.
Check for electrical problems. Even a bad trans ground can cause all kinds of screwy intermittent problems and the harness and plug going to the trans are pretty common failure points.
I'd start with verifying that the whole run of wiring is good and go from there.
After you check that out then you can start looking at what inputs to the trans but ya gotta be confident in the wiring so you don't get caught up in a circular diagnosis loop of crazy making frustration
Well I don’t like wiring **** lol. And I don’t have the patience to do that so I will have someone look at it. Thank you

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That trans harness plugs into the passenger side of the trans and runs down by the starter.
A pretty harsh environment.
Might be worth a look cuz sometimes the damage is real obvious

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other thing that just popped to mind is really weak rear brakes combined with a bunch of slop in the pinion gear can also cause a pretty good thump but I would expect that to be pretty constant