Torque converter issue on 95 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I bought the truck and had to put a new torque converter in it. So I did. Brand new and it jerks whenever I go into a gear every so often. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn’t. U-joints are good. Brand new trans mount. Good on tranny fluid. I have no idea what’s going on

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe the idle is slightly higher when it jerks?
^^^X2 - Or the IAC is opening for "Stall Saver" which will increase idle momentarily as well as other conditions so, it may not be your TC at all? See if your engine stumbles just before you feel the jerk.
You must be registered for see images attach

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much metal and junk was in the transmission fluid when you changed the TC? A bad torque converter can sometimes take out other stuff inside the transmission. How many miles are on it?

Reaction score
How much metal and junk was in the transmission fluid when you changed the TC? A bad torque converter can sometimes take out other stuff inside the transmission. How many miles are on it?
Well the tranny was rebuilt. So everything was good in the tranny but a bolt fell out of the torque converter. It shot it inbetween the engine block and the flex plate and knocked the weight off the flex plate. So we also got a new flex plate. There was no metal shavings that I know of to be seen

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the tranny was rebuilt. So everything was good in the tranny but a bolt fell out of the torque converter. It shot it inbetween the engine block and the flex plate and knocked the weight off the flex plate. So we also got a new flex plate. There was no metal shavings that I know of to be seen

Gotcha, I was thinking it failed internally.

Reaction score
^^^X2 - Or the IAC is opening for "Stall Saver" which will increase idle momentarily as well as other conditions so, it may not be your TC at all? See if your engine stumbles just before you feel the jerk.
You must be registered for see images attach
The engine doesn’t feel like it’s stalling at all. It just engages right into gear. No hesitation. I let it sit a minute or 2 so it can idle down from start up. It sits around 850-900 and I put it in gear and it jerks. It’s every so often too. Like sometimes I can put it into gear and it won’t jerk

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whenever a 4l60e starts acting up after an R&R.
Check for electrical problems. Even a bad trans ground can cause all kinds of screwy intermittent problems and the harness and plug going to the trans are pretty common failure points.
I'd start with verifying that the whole run of wiring is good and go from there.
After you check that out then you can start looking at what inputs to the trans but ya gotta be confident in the wiring so you don't get caught up in a circular diagnosis loop of crazy making frustration