Topkick/Kodiak gauge cluster swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
After seeing that there is at least some interest in doing this swap, I'll make this thread.

Info I have: It exists. The topkick interior is similar, if not the same, as a GMT400. Here is what I was going to post:

Hey all, I've got a 1994 GMC Sierra K1500 that I have a lot of ideas for factory/minimum effort swap in stuff. I don't have the cluster, I do have the effort and $$$ to do it. Will it be a direct swap in? Will I have to swap the whole dash? Thanks all.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
So by the looks of it; It may require some work.
You must be registered for see images attach
Here is the connecter for a 1990 GMC Sierra Moonie gauge cluster (a 1994 connector is different)
You must be registered for see images attach
Here is the connecter for a Topkick/Kodiak. I doubt someone makes an adapter.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Ah, I thought they looked similar but wasn't convinced they were the same. Like 618 Syndicate said though, I'm intrigued to see if you could just repin the TopKick harness. Are the pins the same? What warning lights does the TopKick cluster have?

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I have a good diagram of a 1989 GMC Sierra gauge cluster wiring harness. I don't have one for a Topkick, I am deterimined to give y'all a wiring harness diagram sheet thing so I'm not giving up. Yet.