Top post distributor for the VI 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know of or have converted a vortec distributor to a top post style cap for use with a single plane intake with efi fuel rails as the stock distributor cap doesn’t really fit in between the fuel rails I’m still using the stock control module so I need to keep the cam position sensor. I haven’t looked to see what distributor you could put the shaft and pickup in another housing that uses a top post cap

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know of or have converted a vortec distributor to a top post style cap for use with a single plane intake with efi fuel rails as the stock distributor cap doesn’t really fit in between the fuel rails I’m still using the stock control module so I need to keep the cam position sensor. I haven’t looked to see what distributor you could put the shaft and pickup in another housing that uses a top post cap
The Vortec will run perfectly without a cam sensor. The module is controlled by the PCM and gets its signal from the crank sensor.

You could 0411 it with the 24x system easy enough too.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I was able to find a distributor Holley/MSD make a dual cam sync distributor that will drop in and take the place of the plastic distributor. Just have to change the connector