To Stall Or Not Tom Stall ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the TH400 was replaced with a 700R4 at some point its life? Wow, hope that thing is well built to be behind a big block. The S10 converter stalls to around 2400 behind my 5.7, so it'll probably be a bit more with the torque of your 454. Definitely talk to a few converter shops and the trans shop before buying.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the TH400 was replaced with a 700R4 at some point its life? Wow, hope that thing is well built to be behind a big block. The S10 converter stalls to around 2400 behind my 5.7, so it'll probably be a bit more with the torque of your 454. Definitely talk to a few converter shops and the trans shop before buying.

So do I Saatr, so do I !!! Its a fresh replacement, within the last year. Im pretty easy in the driver dept and the motor isn't a real power house if you know what I mean. Sounds mean but that's about it.
Instead of going after more power Ive decided to go alter handling and ride quality,(see my thread in Suspensions), ita a low rider anyways and I live in a rural town where not much racing goes on anyway, plus our roads SUCK . And as you know when you start adding more power the can of worms opens up
Bobby V