To SAS or not to SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
This truck is at 7" with 40's, exactly what I'm going for.

7" is either stock 52's or 4" 47's

You must be registered for see images

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now the next question, what does the ORD SAS kit do for shock mounts? For that matter I was looking last night and trying to figure out what holes it locates off of, I've decided to go ahead and use the 52" springs I have and make 1 pack out of 2 and use 2 main leaves with the eyes cut off of one set and new poly bushings.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now the next question, what does the ORD SAS kit do for shock mounts? For that matter I was looking last night and trying to figure out what holes it locates off of, I've decided to go ahead and use the 52" springs I have and make 1 pack out of 2 and use 2 main leaves with the eyes cut off of one set and new poly bushings.
You can just use your upper ifs shock mount. No need to get a fancy hoop if your only running single shocks up front. That's just more money that you don't need to spend.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
F250 towers will bolt to nearly anything also..

The hoop isn't part of the kit?

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I knew the crossover steering was seperate. I can Fab that, providing I can find a steering arm. BTW, cost has gone out the window, this going to be way more expensive than rebuilding my IFS, but I think it'll alleviate a bunch of problems down the road.

Reaction score
hi i am new to the website but i think you are right you will have problems later on a ifs setup i have a 1999 chevy k3500 crew cab 4x4 8' bed and I lifted it with a pro comp 6" lift and 16x10 eagle rims 35" tires my ball joints break after more or less a year i am tired of that so i am going to do a sas 1988 ford dana axle 36.5 centers by the end of the year ifs is ok but now i don't drive my truck too much because i don't trust when the ball joints will break btw they only broke while turing don't know why

Reaction score
GMC Burbalade

did you have issues with your rear A/C lines mounting the rear spring hanger on passenger side??

did you retain your abs ??

getting ready to sas a Ford dana 44 hp in my wife's 1997 k1500 suburban its a Daily driver and the family truckster.

it has a 3 inch rough country lift kit on it now and it is absolutely the worst decision I have ever made for modifying a vehicle . It eats ball joints and tie rods and is impossible to get an alignment and not to mention it rides like a brick.

any help would be appreciated

steve

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thread is 6 years old. but I have a tahoe, which i'd think the A/C lines should be similar, but shouldn't be in the way of anything. Also, chuck ABS, it's a PITA. But can retain it if wanted to.