To LS or not to LS, that is the question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem with going DBW is that only a few select ECM‘s will control the cruise. I also don’t want to have to butcher my cruise control wiring when The stock pull off module works just fine. Most newer ECM‘s that use CANBUS architecture will not control the cruise.
ALL the 24x systems have the cruise wired directly to the TAC module with no can bus. 99-07 24x engines.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My goodness @L31MaxExpress you have a Tahoe with an 8.1 in it! oh that would be amazing! is it a 2 door aswell?
4 door LT model. Engine came out of an Express van and has the mercruiser 496 mag HO 425 hp cam and headers. Currently have the 8.1 engine on the stand in the shop, waiting to me to finish the Express van and put the 8.1 back in the Tahoe. Started loosing oil pressure a year ago. Bearings were starting to wear. Crank was great. Basically new bearings, rings and gaskets in the 8.1 and it is ready to go again once I have time to jam it back in. After the Tahoe the 87 G20 6.0L needs attention (brakes, ac, heater core, front end and camper conversion) as well as the 4x4 Titan I bought with a knocking engine. Working 6 days a week is great for $$$ not so much projects. Especially since I have gone from one end of the van to the other and done many custom things to it.

Last edited: