To do the Ceramic pads or not to do? that is the question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

this was an extreme situation so its not to say ceramic is bad, but you ever see this on your pads? lol

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
dont they also have element 3+(Not sure the difference if im correct, tho)

As far as I know it's just Element3, I don't see any mention of a "+" version on their site.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had a set of ceramic pads on the front of the K1500, perhaps twenty years ago.

I absolutely hated them.

Poor stopping power, but they lasted forever. I was thrilled when they FINALLY wore-out. Replaced 'em with whatever semi-metallic pads NAPA was peddling at the time.

I suppose that ceramic pad formulations have come a long way since then...maybe my experience isn't relevant any more.

I generally avoid them for this very reason. But Hawk Ceramic pads are pretty legit. They dust like a semi metallic, but they flat out stop. I usually get 30-40k out of a set of pads, these went a bit longer. I'd have to check my book inside the truck to get a solid number.

Peewee0413

Reaction score
My 1998 K1500 4wd needs brakes soon. The brakes work ok but a few months ago I had hard stop after a idiot pulled out in front me going about 60. Now when I come to a stop the truck shakes a bit like the rotors are warped. The metallic pads are about worn out and I bought some carquest pro platinium pads for a good price and I'd like to put them on to help w the dust on my wheels. I don't much towing. Would these pads work ok on my truck after they were burnished or should just put organic pads on and rub the dust off my front wheels?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media